cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting over from Virgin Plus

CarBard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been a Virgin Plus member for over a decade, and they clearly think they can soak me. I'm pure profit for them and yet they refuse to negotiate with me to provide a competitive plan.

For those that jumped from Virgin Plus, what was the experience like? How much cheaper was it? Is there room to negotiate, or are the plans set in stone like it seems they are at Virgin?

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @CarBard   the major challenge to some people using Public mobile is the support.  You have to be able to manage it yourself and ok the idea that you don't have a phone to talk to support 

also, it is a prepaid service, I don't think it is good for those people who needs the phone for their work, like delivery person/sales

But other than that, PM has a slightly better price, especial the lower ends plans than Virgin or Koodo

So, you are still just thinking about it?

RCO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I would ad that some of the best specials

are on now in the Holiday Boxing

Festivus for the Rest of Us

Cheer

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Plans are "set in stone" here @CarBard 

Only way to reduce is to be active in community and refer some others here and stay awhile for 'loyalty' points. 

Other than that, keep an eye on Announcements for specials and promotions which are sure to come around one in awhile!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CarBard hard to say how much cheaper here, really depends on what your current plan is 

For plan price, there is no negotiation here.  Whatever the price is that, they charge you.  There is no calling agent and try to match other's price here

The main thing is you got some discount from Public Points and you use it towards your bill payment to lower your bill.   But support here is all online, either via Community help or open ticket with PM support and reply back and forth via messaging.  There is no live talking to support on phone.  So, be prepared that you are comfortable with it

But other than that, it is a good place here  🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@CarBard @It’s awesome place , no bartering of plans but pm always has great promotions happing all year long . Just got to find the right in market plan you like best 

Need Help? Let's chat.