cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

Deeksha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am porting out my number ,I want you to manually port out and release my number 

10 REPLIES 10

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

whoops, sorry, didn't mean to post blank there...

@Deeksha are you being asked for a PIN to port into another provider? Best to use your Public Mobile Account Number when porting to another provider.

You really only need the PIN to verify your account or access information when calling 611 or your account remotely.

If you cannot log onto your account to find out your account number then follow steps to submit a ticket provided by @hTideGnow .

OR, you may have received an activation email when you activated with Public. In that case, see the To line of the email, it has your account number in it.

@Deeksha wrote:

Can I get the pin num for my account 

If you do not know your PIN you have to ask agent to change it for you. They cannot see it so they can only update it.

@Deeksha wrote:

HI @Deeksha   For PIN, you can try to see if it was sent to you in any email from PM in the beginning.

if it is not there, you will have to open ticket with CS Agent and have them to reset it for you

To open ticket  at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. First type: "Forgot log in information"
  2. Then Click "Contact Us"
  3. Finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

Once ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Deeksha

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah, you need to go through the usual porting process and you will need your PM account in good standing and sim in the phone to get the porting text.

Deeksha

The account is active 

@Deeksha 

Is your Public mobile account active?  You need an active account to port out (except for Telus or Koodo).   You will need to contact your new carrier to resend the port request. Keep your PM SIM card in your phone to receive confirmation text.  

Here is some more information about porting process:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Deeksha

They are initiating the req but I m not getting the message 

Deeksha

I am not even getting a message ,they told me to contact public 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Deeksha hi you must ask the service provider you are porting your number to so they can  initiate request once you do that leave your public sim in your phone to receive port request respond yes to text

Need Help? Let's chat.