cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting out

Asher2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My 250mb $15 plan is no longer sufficient and I’ve decided to get a plan with a larger data bucket. PM isn’t really competitive when it comes to large amounts of data, but the rewards are nice. So I found another telecom that’s good for me.

Anyways on to the question, can I port out on the last day of my plan period? If I do, I shouldn’t be charged for the next 30 days right?

PM if you see this, consider upgrading your plans besides making the same flash sale again and again 😉

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sladha10 

Your only other option is to replace the card on file which will remove your card info from hour account. I have plenty of $0 balance credit gift cards. If you need one I am happy to share the details just send me a private message.

HI @sladha10   there is an option to disable Pre-Authroized payments

But to remove it, you will need to open ticket with CS agent and have them to remove it for you

at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

First type Contact,
then select the only choice there: "Contact..",
from the list of , choose "Other"
finally click link the blue link about submit a ticket
Another page will open and just follow: .

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can open ticket by private message (but this can take longer):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

sladha10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I dont see an option to remove CC (as of today 1 Dec 2022 website PM has), there is only an option to remove Auto Pay? 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Asher2 

Wow that's a lot of data but that seems to be the thing these days. Lots of data for only $5 or $10 more that's how they get you hooked in data. 

Asher2

Doesn’t say limited time promo anywhere on the plan page. 

There aren’t many reviews, when there are reviews, it’s usually short and simple “good service, or helpful” 
Most of their negative reviews are about their poor customer service. 

As for their SIM card, I bought one at $4 on Amazon. Came next day, it arrived with a how to set it up card, a sim card ejector, and a Rogers 5G sim card (Don’t think it’s actually 5G)

I checked their support page and it provided me all of the information I needed to know. I’m willing to take the risk, to see if it’ll actually work or not. Activation does not work on weekends/holidays for some reason by the way.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

The deal sounds almost too good to be true. Is it only for a limited time(like 12 months and then back to a higher price?) Also how are the reviews network wise? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 

May I suggest you consider suspending via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on day 30 of your plan. This will keep your voicemail active or renew and call forward your pm number to a temporary phone # you take when you activate with phone box. Then try out your new service and provider and see if they are everything that they promise they are. If so then port your pm number over in the last week of your 30 day cycle. If they are not what you expected they would be you still have your pm account, bonuses, rewards etc....all intact and you just cancel with phone box...no hassle porting out and losing rewards etc...

There are a few cautionary tales of returning pm customers regretting their decision to port out.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Asher2

$45 for 15GB, honestly not sure if I’ll need all this but the reason I’ve been able to keep my data usage under 250MB is because I have been using wifi most of the time, I’m going to have to use wifi less now so decided to upgrade.

There’s also a 7GB for $35 option that I may switch to if the 15GB is too much.

Going to a company called Phonebox, which is under the Rogers network.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 

Curious....what is your new deal?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Asher2   you can port on your last day of your cycle.  BUT I DO NOT SUGGEST YOU TO DO IT.

Port out 3 days before the last cycle day and give you some time just in case something wrong.  it's just 3 days of the $15,  Sometimes, thing could go wrong, then  you have to pay another $15 

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Asher2 

Your plan must be active to port out. I would port out a few days before your renewal date in case something goes wrong. Your account at PM will close automatically after porting out, but I would remove your cc information beforehand. Keep your PM SIM card in your phone when porting out to reply to the confirmation text from PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.