cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting or Transfer my number to Public Mobile

isiri036
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

A week ago I transferred the number to PM, but it was not complete.  I just spoke to Fido (my previous provider) and they told me that from their end everything is already done and that now I must contact my new provider to finalize the transfer.  But the problem is that I can't contact them!  There is no phone number to call and the chat bot is useless.

9 REPLIES 9

Uklamen

This happened to my partner. Fido did everything. Nothing from PM. She was stuck using the temp number all weekend since the Fido was inactive.

When they reached out finally they said to turn off phone for 5 minutes then power back. It worked fine after that.

Maybe it's the same for you.

@Shaun7 

the recent Black Friday deals put strain on the Customer Support group...but I think the worst is over (I hope). Under ordinary circumstances...wait times are 20 minutes upwards. If you haven't heard back at end of today...send another message requesting urgent attention.

Shaun7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks @hairbag1 , I have sent them messages outlining my situation.

Just curious, do you know how long they usually take to respond? From the posts I am looking at it could be a looong time.

@Shaun7 wrote:

This is funny @isiri036 , you situation is soundly eerily similar to mine and I just tried signing up (transferring also from Fido) yesterday.

Here is hoping that @CS_Agent can help....and soon.....

I can't wait a week to use a phone and service I already paid for.

@Shaun7 

use this link to message Customer Support...then watch the litle envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Shaun7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is funny @isiri036 , you situation is soundly eerily similar to mine and I just tried signing up (transferring also from Fido) yesterday.

Here is hoping that @CS_Agent can help....and soon.....

I can't wait a week to use a phone and service I already paid for.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@isiri036 

click on the little envelop icon on top right side of page...I sent a number for port assistance.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Usually number porting is done automatically.
When you log in to your PM account, what number do you there as your number?
When you call somebody what number they see?
What provider your phone shows when you put PM SIM (unless you have eSIM) in?

Kera123

Yeah I’m having the same problem but with lucky mobile. They said I have to contact public mobile and get them to do it on their end but it seems impossible to get support. I have an e sim with them and I can’t even get texts or anything, I have to turn on my physical sim with lucky just to look at messages and all that 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @isiri036 

can your PM sim connects to PM network? can you make outbound calls?

if you cannot make outbound calls, it is not porting but an account problem,   please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

But if you can make outbound and just not receive inbound calls, then first reboot your phone and check agian

if same,  wait an hour and try again (porting can take an hour after you replied YES). 

If still no inbound, then call Porting team for update.  I will send you the porting team number, check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.