cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service even after gettin sim card for 10$

AsadAslam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am not getting signals ( services) i have recently chnage my service from bell to public mobile. i have request for my number transfer. additinally i got a sim card to start my service on my iphone X. need help  start my service with public mobile

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@AsadAslam 

I help a friend this morning porting from Fido to PM without any issues. It was pretty smooth transaction.

The steps must be followed in EXACT order if you are porting your number over to PM:

• Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancel serviced with them.
  • Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon and Canadian Cell Supplies ($4.99) or pick one up from Telus/Koodo/Mobile Klinik store ($10.00) or eSIM from Public (ONLY if your phone is eSIM compatible so check).
  • Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6. Note that your previous service is Koodo prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 45 minutes to 2 hours.
  • Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

Was there a step you missed or skipped?

Contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process for you.

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @AsadAslam,

Have you checked your SIM manager or the screen of your device to if there was a Public Mobile esim?

• If there was, you need to enable it and check if it is connection to the Public Mobile network. 
  • If it doesn't want to connect and you still have other active sims in your phone, you'll need to any SIMs that are not associated with Public Mobile using the SIM manager (Or remove the physical SIM from your phone)

To make sure the esim associated with Public mobile is enabled along with your phone number.

If you are using an iphone:

1. go to settings and choose Cellular
  2. set PM eSIM as primary on Cellular Plan Label
  3. Turn on the option - Turn on This Line

Once you are done, click on "Reset all Networks". This will erase your wifi network but you can easily add it after. 

If you have tried all this and it is still unsuccessful, please submit a ticket with our customer support team. You can do so by using the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please be sure to explain the issue to them. They will respond to you in your community inbox so check it from time to time. (Little envelope icon on the top-right of this page).

AsadAslam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes i think i replied yes, no bell sim is not active anymore. i have tried twice to reboot my cell phone with sim inside. both bell and public mobile sim showing SOS

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

try reboot the phone once more time

if the same still does not work PM to help by message them 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @AsadAslam 

Did you get a text message from Bell asking permission to transfer number? Did you say yes within 90 minutes? Does your Bell SIM card still work? If not, have you tried to reboot your phone with the Public Mobile SIM card inside? If you said yes and your Bell SIM is showing SOS, have you tried your Public Mobile SIM card in a different phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.