cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting a Public Mobile number to Freedom keeps failing

smawlad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I am trying to port my Public Mobile number to Freedom, and my PM plan is still active.

However both times Freedom made a request to PM, it failed. When I asked a support agent from Freedom they mentioned that Public Mobile is claiming my number doesn’t belong to them.

I am not sure what this means. Does anyone know how I can get around this problem? 

4 REPLIES 4

smawlad
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My SIM was in my phone yes, but I didn't get any transfer request. Instead I got a message saying:

Freedom Mobile Notification: We have encountered an error when transferring your number <Public Mobile Number> to Freedom.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @smawlad 

What info did you provide Freedom ?  Did you give them the IMEI or Account number?  Maybe give them both.  Also, ask Freedom if they need to try to re-request as a Telus number.  Some companies do not have Public Mobile as a choice and people have to pick Telus. 

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smawlad Hi did you leave your public sim in your phone to receive transfer request text did you reply yes?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@smawlad   Use this direct link to open ticket with PM and ask them if they ever receive the porting request from Freedom

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

IF PM never received the request from Freedom, it is a problem on the Freedom side

If you have made a request to port your number to another carrier and have not received an SMS from Public Mobile to confirm your request, please open our chatbot via this link. This will put you in touch with our Customer Support Agents who will be able to assist you.

Need Help? Let's chat.