cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting Number Trouble

ipro31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I got a text message from PM stating wrong account number was provided. This is because the portal didn't allow letters. Freedom Mobile has 3 letters ahead of the actual account number. I already messaged CS_Agent advising them of correct account number to properly complete port.

Does anyone have any idea how long it normally takes to get a reply? The original text message said Public would reach out to my alternate phone number "soon". Still waiting. It's been few hours or less.

18 REPLIES 18

ipro31

@NatMclarty  You can go back to physical SIM. I suggest going to a Telus or Koodo physical store that carries Public SIM cards. You should be fine going this route. 

@NatMclarty um. .there should be an email with the QR code.   Check if you also receive the "Activation Summary email"
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Important-Update-eSIM-QR-Code-Now-Include...

If you cannot find it, you have to message support and ask them to resend you the code:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

NatMclarty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

0D3A59F1-5646-4936-BB15-EABF6CEBFFEF.png

 You mean this welcome email with no QR 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

@NatMclarty 

oh, you are using esim.. physical sim would work but you need support to change it for you on the system

since you are not going to get a physical sim tonight, let see if we can make the eSIM work tonight

There is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have any active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) or remove the physical sim.  Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after)

NatMclarty

I’m thinking of hitting up my local mall. If I purchase an sim tomorrow can I abandon this e-sim process and just use the physical-Sim with my ported #? Or am I committed to this limbo and must get out via support?  Or is something else entirely different required? 

ipro31

@NatMclarty  Sounds good. Just the $4.99 one I mentioned I got the last one on Amazon. Now looks like it's $19.85 because different fulfillment. Wether you pay 10 or 20 Public will send extras for free if you ask. Then you can keep them for a rainy day like I did. 

NatMclarty

Good to know! I will try the Amazon route, this is painful! 

ipro31

@NatMclarty  I've been told eSIM isn't very seamless yet in Canada. It depends also on each carrier. The future is eSIM, eventually all phones will only be eSIM. When this happens I will bet Canadian carriers will make it more seamless. In the meantime at least for myself I prefer using physical SIM while my phone does still have a physical SIM slot. I'll cross the bridge at a later time when we no longer have a choice.

I already had a Physical SIM on me because I used to be with Public not that long ago. (They mail free replacement SIMs if you ask, you just need to come up with a good reason to get it sent out free of charge). Quite easy... If your in a hurry and being a brand new customer Amazon did have physical SIMs for $4.99. I actually ordered the last one because I'm planning to port my sister over and have no more extra SIMs. 

Either way, I definitely suggest physical SIM while phones today still take them!!

NatMclarty

Saw it… I’ve gone down the physical sim to esim rabbit hole and man what a regret. I should have opted for the physical one. It is worth $10 😂 Lordy. Am I the only one who has this issue? 

ipro31

@NatMclarty  That last reply was for you, forgot to tag you so possibly you won't see the message unless you look back

ipro31

Most definitely. For me it was all about a good Canada-US plan. Finally Public has matched the current Freedom plan. PM actually out did the Freedom offering so I said to myself Public all the way. Very happy I switched (back again) to Public Mobile 😀

NatMclarty

Thank you! Fingers crossed. It’s worth the savings. RIGHT?! 😪😪😪

@NatMclarty wrote:

I’m stuck in number port limbo - I’ve been trying for 5 hours with support. Can you share the # with me as well? 

@NatMclarty 

sent via private message.  Plese check your Community inbox

ipro31

@NatMclarty It's 18442327678

NatMclarty

I’m stuck in number port limbo - I’ve been trying for 5 hours with support. Can you share the # with me as well? 

There should be a reply within the next few hours. The customer support agent will ne able tl correct this.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@ipro31 

ditto !😁

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@ipro31 

There is a number to call to talk to live support,  they can re-trigger the process for you.  I will message the number to you via the Community inbox ( https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage ) .  Check the envelope icon on top right.  Call them and get it fixed

Need Help? Let's chat.