cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported phone number but sim shows as temporarily unavailable

Wowzers83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, as title describes I ported my koodo number off my pixel 6 and verified that I wanted my phone number ported over but nothing has happened after that with the Public Mobile Sim showing the network as temporarily unavailable. I opened a ticket a few hours ago and am sure it sent but it's not showing it sent. I have no calling and no texting and so far not impressed with what public mobile has to offer. I need a solution and not just an unhelpful bot.

9 REPLIES 9

Wowzers83

I still haven't received a response or even an acknowledgement. What is going on here. I'm almost 24 hours without my phone capabilities.

Wouldn't it be logical that there's support especially for people signing up with the service as that's the most likely time people would need assistance?! 

If it wasn't for the fact that the number has ported over I would have returned this sim and just cancelled this PM nonsense.

Really not impressed at all

@Wowzers83 wrote:

How long does it take to get a response from them typically?

A response isn't likely until tomorrow (Friday) as customer support hours don't go for 24 hours per day.  Response time could be as little as few minutes, but usually it's a few hours. There are times that it does take longer depending on demand.

Wowzers83

How long does it take to get a response from them typically?

Wowzers83

No, koodo no longer works either

@Wowzers83 

as said above, you need to engage support so they can reprovision the sim/account for you

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you the

Wowzers83

Physical SIM 

Wowzers83

I did everything you mentioned but still the same issue.

How does one pm support here ?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Wowzers83 

Curious, if you put your Koodo SIM card back in your phone, do you still have service?

Have you tried rebooting your phone?

Have you tried your PM SIM card in a different phone?

Have you tried doing a network reset then rebooted your phone?

Some things to start off with.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Wowzers83 

is that a physical sim or esim?

confirm Public Mobile sim is active, reboot the phone, reset all networks

if issue persists, it is just that the sim was not provisioned correctly.  Easy fix for PM support, you just need to engage them by direct message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there           

Need Help? Let's chat.