cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number from Rogers unable to receive incoming calls

Ninny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up with Public Mobile on Jan. 11/22.  During activation I selected the option to port my phone number from Rogers.  After activation I was immediately able to make outgoing calls, receive email and can communicate by text messages. However, I can't receive incoming calls.  When someone calls me, they get a message "the customer you are calling is not available, call back later".  I read on here that in order for the phone number to be ported from Rogers, my old Rogers SIM card must be in the phone in order to receive a text message from them.  However, my previous phone was lost in late December and I don't have the old SIM card.  I had to get a new phone.  I contacted Rogers and they said everything is fine on their end.  So now how do I get this phone working properly so I can receive incoming calls?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

Did you verify your account with Rogers and verbally authorize the port request? They have a dedicated line for verbal authorizations that is usually used for landlines but can be used for mobile ports when you no longer have the sim card. Call Rogers customer service first to see if you need to reinitiate the port request or if you can just verbally authorize it now and/or get the info required to authorize the next port request when you call the telus porting department. Make sure you have the Rogers account # ready when you call telus.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ninny 

I am sending you a private message with a phone number for you to call. They will resubmit the porting request to Rogers. Alternatively, if you prefer, you can also send a private message to @CS_Agent  instead, and they can resubmit the port request to Rogers for you.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny did you approve the port in any way with Rogers?

The previous provider's account must stay open until the port completes.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

If issues porting or transferring a number to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

In the meantime -

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a few minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings on your device

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Ninny 

Depending on what the porting team tells you, it's possible that you may need to get in touch with the PM team anyway, since your old SIM is not usable anymore for verification purposes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ninny 

do you get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number, or is not complete processing

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • which carrier,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

• Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck and your welcome to Public Mobile
you will be very happy...with a Fabulous Service.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Ninny 

Did you verify your account with Rogers and verbally authorize the port request? They have a dedicated line for verbal authorizations that is usually used for landlines but can be used for mobile ports when you no longer have the sim card. Call Rogers customer service first to see if you need to reinitiate the port request or if you can just verbally authorize it now and/or get the info required to authorize the next port request when you call the telus porting department. Make sure you have the Rogers account # ready when you call telus.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Ninny

I spoke with Rogers Customer Support yesterday and today and they are telling me there is nothing wrong on their end.  They said I need to contact Public to get the issue resolved. I will contact telus porting department as I'm not getting anywhere with Rogers.  Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate it.

Ninny

The old Rogers SIM card is in the phone that was lost. So no way for me to get a SMS message.

@Ninny wrote:

I spoke with Rogers Customer Support yesterday and today and they are telling me there is nothing wrong on their end.  They said I need to contact Public to get the issue resolved. I will contact telus porting department as I'm not getting anywhere with Rogers.  Thanks for reaching out, I appreciate it.

@Ninny  - sounds like Rogers did not get the request to port over?

Call the Porting Team at EDITED: Phone number removed to inquire about your port. This number is for PORTING issues ONLY.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

OR, alternatively - submit a ticket to Public Mobile, and it has been over the allotted time it usually takes to complete, submit a ticket here for help: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1ml7MK2dvkmM37lFcEM...

Edited by: ShawnC13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ninny wrote:

The old Rogers SIM card is in the phone that was lost. So no way for me to get a SMS message.

@Ninny 

oh.. ok. but you need to contact CSA.