cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ported number earlier today but can't receive any SMS texts

RehRomano
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my phone earlier today at 11:30 AM, my data came online and I could make phone calls so I assumed the port was done, but now I'm realizing I don't receive any texts. I just canceled my line with my previous provider, did I screw up the porting process before it finished? What are my options now?

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7

@RehRomano  You can submit ticket with support to change number 

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RehRomano

Haha unfortunately I can't confirm my phone number because I can't receive texts, so I can't login. What now?

@RehRomano  If you can log into your account you can do it yourself in profile page . Note you can change number 4x for free in 30 day cycle 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1704324392205.jpeg

Or you can get support to help you change the number 

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RehRomano

Thank you. Waiting to hear back from my old provider. How do I get a new number from PM?

@RehRomano  Your provider sent confirmation ? With sim in phone ? Reply YES to it hopefully it hasn’t been more than 90 mins . Otherwise you need contact old provider to get number back or ask them to verbally approve the port request by calling number again or get support to help 

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

worst case you can get new number with PM . @RehRomano @But I think you really need to contact your old provider and say I want my number back even if you have to pundit a new plan with them to get active number and then port it out . Gonna cost you some $ now unfortunately for new sim and plan possible unless they can verbally approve it . You’re learning this lesson the hard way unfortunately. Both mines are supposed to be active to port and when you successfully port number to new carrier it will automatically close old carrier account . But you closed it before the porting was done so you have to pick up those peices now or choose new number . Sorry your having this issue it’s frustrating but resolvable 

RehRomano

I can't get through to that phone number you sent, it says a forwarding request isn't active. My previous line is definitely inactive now, they sent confirmation. What do I do?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@RehRomano  Yikes you may have , both account need to be active to port and once you successfully port number to new provider it will automatically close your old account . I’ll send you porting team number private message . For status update on the port or they ca re trigger it if needed . Hopfully your old account still active and not yet disconnected 

adding you might wanna call your old provider and make sure it’s still active untill you port number out . Or see if the can verbally approve the port request @RehRomano 

Need Help? Let's chat.