cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port to Shaw mobile

kscngai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am trying to port my phone number to Shaw mobile but it is unsuccessful. I talked to Shaw's customer service and She let me know that the Public Mobile has to released it. Can Public mobile released the phone number to Shaw mobile?

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

@ovo6god7 wrote:

Yes sometimes will say can’t send yes because it’s long distance just push it anyways or eles port won’t work 

There's no such thing as a "long distance" text message. A device will never inform a user of that.

ovo6god7
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes sometimes will say can’t send yes because it’s long distance just push it anyways or eles port won’t work 

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kscngai 

your account still acive keep your old sim in and call shaw to re-redirect, and you will get sms and reply yes. and go to your Login account it's will be can't , then the port it's out but before to do that

send private message PM support CS_Agent at: to remove your credit card from here.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

(envelope icon on the top right) CS_Agent will reply you there.

So you put the old sim in and then asked Shaw to re-request? And then nothing came?

They're the ones to request. But as listed above, contact the support people to give them your "verbal" confirmation. Then when Shaw re-requests then Public can let it go.

kscngai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The transfer request never came and I called the Shaw customer service again and she told me to do it in Public mobile. i will try again tomorrow.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @kscngai it is something you have to ask Shaw to request the porting from their end again.

Of course,  make sure your PM account is active and you can receive text on your PM sim

If Shaw tries again and still fails , then open ticket with PM CM agent at: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. start by typing : Contact CS Agent
  2. then Click "Contact Us"
  3. then Click "Other"
  4. finally Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
    you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You need to confirm the port via text message on your old sim.  If you are still having trouble you will need to contact public mobile support

Meow
Mayor / Maire

When you initiated port out, did you leave your PM SIM in your phone?

You have to reply Yes within 90 minutes of receiving port out authorization. If you missed it port request has to be reinitiated

BOTH accounts have to be active!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

This account needs to be active and you need to leave this sim in a phone to confirm the transfer. After that, support is to be on their side.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@kscngai hi you must leave your public sim in your phone to receive transfer request , you must reply yes within 90 minutes did you do that? 

Need Help? Let's chat.