cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to add funds

BrianBruise
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have automatic payments from my Credit Card set up and want to keep that in place. Nevertheless, I want to add funds to my account to cover a couple of months payments while I'm out of town. I go to the payments page and find a link to where I can "add funds". When I go there it appears to only allow me to add voucher funds (whatever they are). I find sometimes sites provide "new looks" and actual access to what you want to do becomes more convoluted. Thanks for listening.

12 REPLIES 12

BrianBruise

Yes. When I click on it, I only see the option to update/change credit card info for automatic payment. Perhaps if I opted out of automatic payments, then made the payment I want to make and then opt back in - that might work. I just couldn't be bothered. 

BrianBruise

I tried a couple of different ways. I used to do this fairly frequently out of an abundance of caution in case my bank account did not have enough funds on the Public Mobile due date. So this new look has made that more difficult. Just before I logged back onto Community I was sent around in circles and I couldn't even find the log-out function! There is no "hamburger" there as we have here. I recommend first page of "My Account" have payment option in any amount I choose over $5.00 and every page have a logout function in upper right corner. Thanks for listening.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'm not sure you want to hear from others but I'm not sure you have a registered card. I login in on mobile, the main page comes up, I scroll down and see Add fund to My account and click on it, and see the two choices of credit card or voucher. I have a registered card and I have autopay on.

I thought your intention was to pay for a couple months. So that amount due shouldn't matter. Are you saying you can't do more than that?

Degraafmike
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just went through the whole process myself to be sure of the result. 

So when it says the payment is due today it means the payment required to add funds to your account (not your monthly payment). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to account for discounts so I went with the custom amount and applied them myself. It did generate the tax automatically though so no need to worry about working that out. 

End result is that I have $25 in the account that will stay there until billing time. It cost $28 due to taxes.

Sorry about the edits

Hi @BrianBruise AFAIK, the full amount thing instead of just Amiunt due is a glitch.   But, if you paid extra, the extra  amount will still be in your account for use later, maybe next renewal 

BrianBruise

I'm replying to you alone and presume the other kind community members will see. 

I cleared my cache and upon clicking on Redeem Vouchers, I was allowed to make a payment. Unfortunately, when I entered the amount covering my monthly payment after rewards subtracted it told me I had to pay the full amount and that it was due today when in fact it will be due in about a week. Why should we have to go through all this rigmarole to make a payment? Why doesn't a payment option appear on the first page that opens up? I've asked a friend to deposit the appropriate funds in my bank a few days before the due date. I forgot to mention that I use a virtual credit card linked to my bank account so it works like a debit card and the funds come out immediately. 

Degraafmike

I do have auto payment set up. Here's a screenshot of what I used to get there. 

Screenshot_20220910_123623_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android.jpg

 really annoying design since to me it initially looks like an ad. 

Edit: you'll have to wait for the three 'ads' to cycle through to the ad funds option.

Do you see this this further down when you click on the Payments tab?

dust2dust_0-1662838599014.png

BrianBruise

Do you have automatic payment set up? I tried the "Add voucher funds" button and there was no option for me to top up the account. 

Degraafmike

Try pressing the 'add voucher funds' button. For me it brings me to a page that allows me to add a voucher or use a credit card. By the way, I'm accessing the site from a phone.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @BrianBruise try again using another browser, or  clear cache and restart browser or using Incognito mode.  It should work 

In case still fail, try using *611 . But you need to know your 4 digits PIN (if forgot,  you can reset on My Account)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

That's odd. There certainly should be a choice of using the registered card or voucher. Maybe try incognito mode. Or a different browser or even device.

Adding - @BrianBruise - when was the last time you let autopay run? Was that before the new system?

Need Help? Let's chat.