cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port in succesful but then failed?

echlon23
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported in a Chatr number on April 5 onto my PM line to give to a family member. I ran through the online process and it was successful within 30 mins. I was able to confirm it was working by taking and receiving calls using the Chatr number on my PM SIM.

Now a few weeks have passed and my family member has told me the number changed and it's no longer the original PM or Chatr number I ported over as confirmed when I logged into the portal. It's a completely different #. Has anyone seen this before? I better have not lost the ported in #.

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@echlon23 

When you make a porting request the phone number is automatically assigned to your account. The phone # is displayed for outgoing calling. The actual phone # remains with the old provider unless they recieve a YES reply to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it otherwise the port request fails.

You will often receive incoming calling from pm/koodo/telus customers but no incoming calling from other providers. After 30 days of service and no completed port request pm automatically assigned your account a new phone #.

You will have to contact Chatr to find out if you can port in your phone # without a SIM card. This may be possible by calling the Rogers port out request department to authorize the port request after reactivating your account. (1-eighthundred-7two6-seven8six4....sorry this is a spam filter work around.)

You may be able to reactivate your Chatr service by purchasing a day pass but I am unsure of the requirements for a day pass purchase beyond 7 days of having a 30 day cycle of active service. You may be required to activate 30 days of service on the cheapest Chatr plan.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

@echlon23 wrote:

It is just so weird that the port went through before the response to the text... can't find my original SIM so I might need to buy a new one and do a switch over, and try again.

HI @echlon23   But was anyone able to call that number and PM Sim ever ring for incoming calls?  It looks like the porting failed

Also, did you check if the old account on the old carrier still active and you are still paying?  That is another indication that the porting was never completed

You can open  a ticket and ask  PM CS Agent  Or you have opened a ticket already?

echlon23

It is just so weird that the port went through before the response to the text... can't find my original SIM so I might need to buy a new one and do a switch over, and try again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@echlon23  - is your Chatr account still open?

If so, than the port never completed, due to not authorizing it over to Public Mobile. 

edit...

So, can you reactivate your Chatr account if it is suspended and then port it over to PM?

echlon23

I'm still working with the support team but this was the latest reply:

"After looking into your case, I found some information that can be helpful, the porting center assigned a new number because the SMS was not replied within 30 days. If you still have the account number from Chatr or IMEI number for the phone that you used with them, we can resubmit the port request."

This doesn't make sense to me as the number was already with Public Mobile so why would there still be a SMS that needed to be responded to?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes please do, I may have seen one or 2 other customers who had something similar and I thought I saw something about the company taking back their number after it was ported, but doesn't seem right and I wonder what conditions would have to be met.

@hTideGnow wrote:

Hi @echlon23   I think you requested porting but you did not reply thr porting authorization text.

But OP clearly said: 'I was able to confirm it was working by taking and receiving calls using the Chatr number on my PM SIM'.

If he was able to call and receive calls on PM SIM then number was transferred, correct?

Something else is going on and I would like to hear what is the issue!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @echlon23   I think you requested porting but you did not reply thr porting authorization text.  Check your old provider, you should still be paying that account as thr porting didn't completed.

Also, you family should be using PM a month without incoming calls, the calls still going to your old carrier

You can go into My Account and request porting again

Meow
Mayor / Maire

After contacting agent, would you be so kind to provide their explanation and resolution of your issue so we can know what caused it?

It is strange that ported number get reverted to old provider.

When that happens your old account is immediately closed so if you cannot access your old account get ready to talk to Chatr too.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@echlon23 

Is the Chatr number/service still accessible?   Is there a chance the port somehow failed from Chatr to here?

If you still have the Chatr SIM card, try it in your device and see if it still has service - either way, it sounds like the Customer Support Agents will need to intervene to assist.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.