cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port from Fonus incomplete, Tickets do not appear to be logged

agent942
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all, I'm (trying really hard to be) returning to Public Mobile after 5 years.  It seems I made a mistake when activating in that I logged the port request immediately rather than getting a number first and then porting, but in any case, here I am.

I've received messages from Public Mobile, including a phone call on my sign up day, and a message this morning, that my Port is completed, but... it isn't... quite.  

I have my old SIM in an other (working) phone and my PM SIM in my daily driver now.  Calls are not always coming to my PM SIM-phone, and many are still ringing on Fonus.  I also did not (ever) receive a text on the Fonus phone regarding the port authorization (did not expect one as Public Mobile saw Fonus as a landline). 

I've tried twice to log a ticket about this, and have the ticket numbers that where supposedly logged, but these do not appear in my Private Messages (Sent) as it seems they are supposed to (by clicking the "View a copy of my ticket" takes me to my Private Messages - Sent, in the community, and nothing is there).

I don't know whether to tell SIMon that the ticket creation was unsuccessful or not.  I just need to know if I should sit back and wait, or if I have any other options?

4 REPLIES 4

@agent942   

There is also a number to call to talk to porting team for status update.  You can talk to live person.  I will message you just in case you need. 

agent942

A follow up to this: The initial Ticket I entered does not appear in my PMs, however the second one finally did show up after 20 minutes.  I have also since sent a direct PM as well to CS_Agent.  Let's see how it goes. #optimistic

agent942

Thank you for the response; while I understand how porting works, the "temp number" was never provided to me and so I do not know what it is, however some calls are routing to PM now on the ported number (from Fongo and Google Voice, but not Skype, alas I don't have any other tests I can perform).  Thankfully I noted the tickets that where apparently created, although they do not appear in my Community account mailbox.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like porting was not completed. You do have temporary PM number and can make calls from PM phone but all incoming calls/SMS will still go to old number.

If you have ticket number contact agent directly for assistance.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

Need Help? Let's chat.