cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Out, Port In, Same Account Number

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Wondering if it would be possible to:

1. Port out my current phone number from my PM account to another provider.

2. Port in another phone number of mine from another provider to the same PM account.

Basically swap phone numbers in and out of the same account number without cancelling my PM account after step1.

Idea is to keep the PM rewards associated with the current PM account.

May be it is not possible or possible with the right sequence of steps.

Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

@darlicious wrote:

@00101100 

Ummm....maybe? Generally the answer is no but it has been done under certain circumstances.

Based on numerous posts I can conclude that PM has such ability to swap numbers but it all depends on CSA.

Some go strictly by the book, some are willing to go extra mile. Talking from experience (not numbers swapping but resolving other issues).

I would suggest OP to contact CSA and hope for the best. If first attempt fails, contact again in a few days, different CSA might handle request and ...

@00101100 

That does give you hope of a possible positive result. You can submit a support ticket by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen or a private message may suit your needs better by giving you the opportunity to explain yourself.

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

OK, Port Out is to Koodo and Port In is from a non-Telus provider, so there could be a possibility.

Newbie question, how do I get to talk/chat with a CSA?

@HALIMACS 

I can tell you this that despite many members advising two other customers recently that it was not possible to swap phone numbers and accounts around to my pleasant surprise my advice resulted in a positive result. I don't give false hope to customers. You do as you wish.

@darlicious wrote:

@00101100 

Ummm....maybe? Generally the answer is no but it has been done under certain circumstances. The possibility increases if both phone numbers are "owned" by the telus family and both accounts are within the same family or that one of the accounts would be lost to a competitor. So your request would be strictly YMMV depending on the CSA and your reasoning for requesting the phone number swap. Contact customer support and plead your case. The worst that can happen is they say "No it is not possible." Best of luck!

Interesting @darlicious 

Remember this:  🙄

"Well while you are at it you might as well tell anyone wanting the following to contact customer support as well.....

• 30 DAY invoices of plan services
  • Full speed 4G LTE data
  • International roaming add ons
  • Call Control
  • WiFi calling
  • Visual voicemail
  • 5G

Maybe pm could implement voLTE calling by the end of 2021 while they are at it. If enough of pm's customers contact customer support surely pm will get right on it!!":

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@HALIMACS @dabr  FYI: as of today it is unclear to what lengths the CSAs will go to transfer numbers between PM and/or outside PM accounts.  Some members get some support in these situations, some do not. 

Thanks @Luddite 

It is interesting that this request cannot simply be put to bed one way or the other by PM.

I mean, simplistically speaking, it can't be too difficult to do this ESPECIALLY if it's happening amongst the TELUS group of companies.   I could certainly see the challenges involved if more than one main provider is involved.

However, perhaps PM has a business reason for not doing so, and if so, that's fine.

@HALIMACS I have asked many times for a definitive answer and always got a "No, but in certain circumstances" we aren't told what those are though. 

This is going to other providers as well so not just PM in the mix. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Personally I think this should be do able. BUT PM needs to make it happen all on self serve.

Telus prepaid, on a port out holds your account open for 3 months. What can you do with it during that 3 months I have no idea...

Voip.ms holds your account open with no numbers on it, nor does a port out of the last number on your account close your account. 

I am thinking that PM's trigger to close an account is based on a port out. But would make more sense to leave your account open "if" there is a balance in your account. And allow port in/outs. 

@Luddite wrote:

@HALIMACS @dabr  FYI: as of today it is unclear to what lengths the CSAs will go to transfer numbers between PM and/or outside PM accounts.  Some members get some support in these situations, some do not. 

Thanks @Luddite 

It is interesting that this request cannot simply be put to bed one way or the other by PM.

I mean, simplistically speaking, it can't be too difficult to do this ESPECIALLY if it's happening amongst the TELUS group of companies.   I could certainly see the challenges involved if more than one main provider is involved.

However, perhaps PM has a business reason for not doing so, and if so, that's fine.

@00101100 

Ummm....maybe? Generally the answer is no but it has been done under certain circumstances. The possibility increases if both phone numbers are "owned" by the telus family and both accounts are within the same family or that one of the accounts would be lost to a competitor. So your request would be strictly YMMV depending on the CSA and your reasoning for requesting the phone number swap. Contact customer support and plead your case. The worst that can happen is they say "No it is not possible." Best of luck!

@Luddite wrote:

@Luddite   Thanks for the information.  So the response is to contact CSA and your YMMV?

Personally, I think accommodating this sort of a request makes more financial sense for PM so that they still have a paying customer here.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Regrettably, no @00101100 

Practically however, the ask doesn't sound overly complex and it is unfortunate this cannot be accommodated without causing too much of a stir within the 'ranks' here at Public Mobile.

It does seem unusual that you could not begin with step 2:   That is, port the different number that is currently with the other provider TO your current Public Mobile account.

THEN, depending on who 'owns' your existing number with Public Mobile, once it becomes released from your current PM account, see if you can arrange the other provider to 'pick up' that number for service there.

By any chance, is the 'other provider' Koodo or TELUS?   That would give you a slightly better chance at ever succeeding in this venture.

However, don't want to get your hopes up - the chances at doing this require co-operation and effort between two different mobile suppliers, something that seems sadly unlikely.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@00101100 wrote:

Hi,

Wondering if it would be possible to:

1. Port out my current phone number from my PM account to another provider.

2. Port in another phone number of mine from another provider to the same PM account.

Basically swap phone numbers in and out of the same account number without cancelling my PM account after step1.

Idea is to keep the PM rewards associated with the current PM account.

May be it is not possible or possible with the right sequence of steps.

Thanks!

@00101100   Sorry, not possible as soon as you port out your number from the PM account it will become deactivated.  Make sure to remove any payment card before porting out your number as you will not be able to login after porting out.

Edit:  There is no way keep your rewards or account if you transfer your number out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@00101100 

no is not allowed to do that

for only new customers online activations.

If you really want this promo and extra data,you think about it
you will need to port to a different mobile company and then port back to Public mobile....
not Unable to port one PM number to another PM number.

However, if you don't have much rewards and a relatively new customer, it might be worth to do it,

and you will be start a whole new account with new SIM card to new activations to you will eligible for Get 2GB of Free monthly data on any plan $35, $40, $50, $60 $70, rate plans, for that Promo code  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB, just to you know.

put it the email for it and the same email when you do a new activate, Here link,

to get a New SIM card is better for you and fast way

from any Retail store or gas station near you and you buy it right away,

Where To Buy A SIM card,

You can purchase a Public Mobile SIM card at a variety of retail locations. Click Here link 

to open our store locator and find the closest retailer to you.

or 

Too easy buy it online or in store visit Here link, or Pickup 1-2 Hours,

and Here How To Activate Online visit Here link  for more information,

Activate your Public Mobile SIM card

You'll be up and running in just 4 easy steps, Here link 

so when Activate put it both code

1. Enter  Promo Code for 2GB Free, ( 2GBBONUS ) 

2. Enter  Friend Referral Code (??????)  to you will receive a one-time credit of $10..,,

they will applied within 72hr,,

*important to you know about Transfer old your number,

Make sure the old SIM card in your phone when you're Transfer your number. You should get a SMS message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to Transfer your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

Need Help? Let's chat.