cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Number to Another Provider

stephanie155
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need to get my number un blocked so that I can have it ported over to another provider.

The vendor tried but said there must be a lock on Porting for my number,

How can I get it un-locked

7 REPLIES 7

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @stephanie155 

PM never blocked number, you can port out and if your account Active, and you will get SMS for the port out and reply  yes.

not get the SMS  then open ticket  Chatbot

@stephanie155 them go ahead and request porting from your new provider.   Remember yo provide them the account number instead of IMEI.  

It shoehorn without problem.  Just in case you run into issues, come back and let us know 

@stephanie155 If your account is active, leave your PM sim in your phone and ask your new providor to send port request to PM. PM will send you a SMS asking you to authorize the port. You have 90 mins to reply yes. After that it is up to your new providor to complete the port process for you.

@stephanie155 Then as @softech  mentioned you need to keep PM SIM card in phone . While new carrier request port and when you receive confirmation text from PM to port you reply YES to the text you will have 90 mins to do so … and once the PM SIM card no longer works within half hour to two hours put new SIM card in from new provider and ports complete 

stephanie155
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@stephanie155 there is no port lock here.  As long as the account is active, you  an request porting

Make sure your PM sim is on the phone and your reply YES to a text sent by PM to approve porting 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@stephanie155  Is your account with PM still active ?

Need Help? Let's chat.