cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor standby battery time

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

With a new Moto e  (a month old). I'm a light-user. Most apps logged out, black screens, battery saver, etc, after a 100% full charge, it's down to 75% under 2 days. Is it recommended I switch-off data & use my wifi when at home. Before quick answers, please read before, much appreciated. I already power-off at night. Is it an aspect of Moto e, What gives?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

I'm impressed with the battery life on the moto e. Here's a comparison of moto phones.

Screenshot_20210326-104006~2.pngScreenshot_20210326-104112~2.pngScreenshot_20210326-104156~2.png Screenshot_20210326-104233~2.pngScreenshot_20210326-104306~2.png

jojo9
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for this spec comparison picture, my previous smaller phone has (4000mAh) double that of the moto e. A big oversite on my part, hide sight is 20 : 20!

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 

that's really good battery... I guess you were getting better results with your previous device.. there are many variables in play here. does your new moto e have smaller battery?

these are the options I have disabled on my pixel 4

Disabled:
-bluetooth
-nfc
-printing services
-always on display
-adaptive battery(drains battery)
-adaptive brightness(drains battery uses more cpu cause of constant adjustments from the a.i.)
-screen timeout 30 sec
-ambient eq
-ok google hotword
-all vibration off
-wifi and bluetooth scanning(big idle battery drainer)
-google location sharing, history off
-digital wellbeing(deleted through ADB)
-flip to shhh
-lift to check
-auto sync(big idle drain)
-backup(idle drain)
-automatic system updates
-mobile data always active(having both radios on will use more cpu and drain extra battery)
-all animations to .5x

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 wrote:

With a new Moto e  (a month old). I'm a light-user. Most apps logged out, black screens, battery saver, etc, after a 100% full charge, it's down to 75% under 2 days. Is it recommended I switch-off data & use my wifi when at home. Before quick answers, please read before, much appreciated. I already power-off at night. Is it an aspect of Moto e, What gives?

@jojo9 The Moto e has a smaller battery that some other phones, meaning your battery life will not last as long as ones with the "bigger" mAh ones.

Is your battery 1980 mAh? Down to 75% in 2 days is not that bad actually.

The higher rated mAh of a battery has no effect on electronic devices other than they allow longer term use.

For example, see the different mAh batter sizes of these phones. I just picked 3 Samsungs and than the Moto E (is this your particular model). 

esjliv_0-1616712231634.png

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 wrote:

With a new Moto e  (a month old). I'm a light-user. With about most apps logged out, black screen google, battery saver, etc, after a 100% full charge, it's down to 75% after 2 days. Is it also recommended I switch-off data & use my wifi when at home. Before quick answers, please read before, much appreciated. I already power-off at night. Is it an aspect of Moto e, What gives?

Hi @jojo9 I am also a light mobile user so I always have my Data Off.  If you use MMS, allow sending and receiving MMS when mobile data is off.   I use Data Saver which prevents some apps from sending and receiving apps in the background. 

I hope this helps a little

RosieR 

25% for 1 day usage is not bad.

as @HALIMACS suggested, you might want to turn off app running on the background.

You might want to turn off Sync. If you are home, try turning off data so it will use WiFi only. if you don't mind manually update apps, you might want to turn off automatic update.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 wrote:

With a new Moto e  (a month old). I'm a light-user. With about most apps logged out, black screen google, battery saver, etc, after a 100% full charge, it's down to 75% after 2 days. Is it also recommended I switch-off data & use my wifi when at home. Before quick answers, please read before, much appreciated. I already power-off at night. Is it an aspect of Moto e, What gives?

First you should Google your Moto e and see what is suggested to reduce battery usage for settings and APPS. I would suggest to leave your phone on all the time in the event of an emergency and your land line does not work. Turn on data when you want to use it and then back off and also Google how to minimize data usage for your apps. And only do refreshes over wifi and not data.  Don't depend on data use being not used while at home and supposedly on wifi as you can have dead spots in your home for wifi or your phone can be weak in finding it.  Also when traveling turn wifi off as your phone will continually search for wifi using your battery.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jojo9 

For maximum battery saving, reduce brightness, make sure apps are not running in background, turn phone off at night.

Your device should allow you to search which apps are using most resources and therefore you can make changes to them as required.

Here's an excellent article you should peruse:

https://www.att.com/device-support/article/wireless/KM1290877/Motorola/MotoeXT1527

Here's another:

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/products/cell-phones/moto-x-family/moto-x4/documents/MS136836

Need Help? Let's chat.