cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor experience - payments and new account pages

Devons76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with PM for 2 or 3 years now. I realize it's a budget provider, so my expectations were accordingly low when it came to their web presence. I've signed up my family of 4, each with their own account. That's the first problem. Every phone has it's own account. So I have to manage 4 separate logins. Annoying. And it's gotten worse in the last few months. Trying to log out you often get an error saying "Request header or cookie too large". Then that account is stuck being logged in. So I started using a "Guest" tab in chrome to avoid cookie problems... It's a process.

And the account pages, once you are logged in, are pretty slow initially. The cool new little squirrel guy with the radiating circles sits there and glitches and pulses for 20 or 30 seconds, then finally gives you some info. I do have fibre here at home, so it shouldn't be a bandwidth problem.

And finally, payment. I have every account set up with auto-pay. Been working pretty well. But my credit card expired. So I got a couple warnings and dragged my feet updating it. All my fault. Popped into my account this morning and saw messages about account suspension, etc. Again, my fault. Went in and fixed the card info, submitted the payment, all was happy. Thirty minutes later, I get text messages from PM saying my plan didn't renew, auto payment failed, and something went wrong. So, back to the account login dance and check my account. It's all happy, payment is good, next renewal is October. PM really needs to get their systems talking properly and fix up their client-facing tech. It's definitely not a great experience lately.

6 REPLIES 6

@esjliv  I think someone said that it was a 2 sites setup because the new My Rewards was hosted on Telus server and the old My Account was not (or on some other part of the Telus domain that they cannot "talk") , so they have no choice but to break it apart.  Given that My Account is now also hosted on the same  Telus server, I really don't see, or understand, why the setup still like that.  I hope we will have some good news of a single My Account-rewards site very soon  🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Less is lessing, or rather creating more work for us customers @hairbag1  😂

@Devons76 agreed with all you said. If there was a check/to-do improvement list of this 'new and improved' logins you've hit many of my pain-points as well. When they went from 1 login to 2 logins (My Account and My Rewards), I was really hoping that was temporary, and it would go back to one...still waiting. 

Here's PM philosophy...

hairbag1_0-1651683439434.png

Devons76

I do use incognito/guest now. But I also use a password manager, which isn't available on those instances, so with four accounts I'm toggling back and forth, copy, paste, blah blah blah. Not the end of the world. I am a software developer so I'm pretty quick and do all the geeky keyboard shortcuts, but it also probably annoys me more than others because I know the UX can be so much better.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I understand you are venting out. Many customers have similar issues. Particularly with logging in or updating CC info. But those squirrels are definitely annoying. What's wrong with good old sand-clock?

Try using incognito/private mode when logging in to PM account.

Devons76

And one more thing... Why do you have to log in yet AGAIN for the rewards portal? Yeesh.

Need Help? Let's chat.