cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor cell signal reception

Dentdelion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Cellphone reception in my area and surroundings is very poor. I have installed a signal booster with a log periodic antenna on my roof and the signal amplifier and panel antenna inside my house. I have pointed the roof antenna in the direction of the closest transceiver (at N49.689081 / W124.945822). My home location is a few blocks southwest of Quality Foods in Comox.Practically no change in signal in house, usually weaker than -115db. What else can I try? Is there another transceiver to which I should be pointing the roof antenna? Is Telus planning any new transceivers in this are any time soon?

6 REPLIES 6

HI @Dentdelion 

do you have any friends or neighbours using Koodo or Telus or Bell? do they have similar issue in your area?

and did you try using the different network mode? Try 3G , 4G or LTE and 5G, see if any of the mode is better

And you said the signal is poor, but how fast your data download speed? Sometimes a weak signal can give produce decent download speed

Dentdelion

I tried that thank you but the same problem exists.

Dentdelion

I I have an iPhone 14 the reset didn’t help. I tried an iPhone 7 that showed same -110 dbm. Friends that visit are usually on Rogers and have no problem

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I assume you installed the signal booster yourself. If you're not an expert in these things and/or you don't have the proper test equipment you need to get an expert to test that your setup is actually working.

Also, maybe it's not wise to broadcast your precise home location on this forum.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dentdelion 

could you try your PM sim in a different cellphone ? (of course that doesn't work if you use esim, does it )

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Dentdelion  Check outages or poor services with this link

https://www.telus.com/en/ab/outages

The other thing you can do is reset your network settings on your phone. You can try a different phone as well. Is it just Telus and related to this company that's the issue? Are there issues with friends who come over that are on different networks? 

Need Help? Let's chat.