cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the Canada-US plans have strong cell service signal in Boston, Massachusetts?

Athena246
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am going to the Boston / Cambridge area, does the cell phone service of Public Mobile have good signal there?
i.e. do calling other people go smoothly?

Thanks for your insights and help!

4 REPLIES 4

Athena246
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, I'm unfamiliar with the PM volte whitelist, would my phone (Samsung galaxy A32) be considered sufficient?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Athena246 

just make sure you have a volte enabled cellphone that's on the PM volte whitelist.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Athena246 T-Mobile and AT&T are available in Boston area so you should have no issues connecting to either of them. Now depending on if your phone is on PM's whitelist of approved VoLTE devices is another thing that could effect your call quality. If your phone is not on the list you will need to try to manually connect to the T-Mobile's 2G but data and text would not be effected

Scroll towards the bottom for a list of VoLTE-roaming enabled devices:
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Athena246 , yes the coverage in the Boston area is fantastic.  I was there in the spring time.  This service uses both T-Mobile and AT&T as roaming partners.  The coverage is doubly good as compared to buy a local service with one of these roaming partners.

Need Help? Let's chat.