cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plans

ITALIA2020
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a $ 50 plan which gives me 8.5 G of Data.  I recently noticed that Public Mobile is now offering 10 G of data for the same plan.  I exhausted my data 3 days before my renewal date.  Why are plans not automatically bumped up to 10 Gigs?  That pisses me off!

9 REPLIES 9

mister
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That is in case there is features and benefits of your original plan you may want to keep being grandfathered in. In my case I changed to the new $70 plan with 15 gigs as soon as I found out about it, but they had not finished changing things around I guess but they added 1 gig and another 4gig bonus to make it equal 20 gigs which is the new current $70 plan.

It could have simply coincidence to get the bonus at that time or they were aware to send it to me for that reason.

It is easy to update your plan but it would nice to have a message to say when they have made changes so that we can revue the plan changes and options.

The 8.5 gig plan was awful for the data with everything today being so data hungry especially with hidden background data by goolag android spyware and the serpents Apple.

Old Blackberry wont work anymore either unless you install the new CIA/NSA/KGB approved OS.

But whatever, we work with what we get and at this point PM has come out on top again.

I am not sure what pet project of Telus this PM is but is the best phone and data provider service I have been able to find in Canada unless we all move to Saskatchewan and sign up to SaskTel.

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ITALIA2020 

It's easy enough to change your plan on your own and much better then having to listen to that dang muzak for an hour for some doodle trying to upsell you into a contract.

@Meow  Didn't you just reply as @Yummy ?  😆

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Very simple to fix: click on change plan now or change on next renewal.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@ITALIA2020 wrote:

Why are plans not automatically bumped up to 10 Gigs?  That pisses me off!

Why should it be bumped??? This is updated plan and if you want it - you can switch to it.

It was same for $15 plan when it was Province wide and then changed to Canada wide. I had to switch on my own and did not expect PM to update it for me...

@ITALIA2020 

PM won't automatically change you to a newly updated plan partly because pm has a hands on approach to account self management. You don't have to wait on hold or at PM to get your plan changed you can just do it yourself.

Also some customers may have a promotion that is tied to their plan and changing it would result in the loss of the promotion alternatively your plan could be grandfathered like your current plan now is with 8.5gb. Now it may seem obvious that it's a win win to upgrade to the $50/10.5gb but if you had the plan from way back when pm also offered unthrottled 4G LTE you may not think the extra data was worth giving up your data speed. But in your situation it's an obvious choice because you are not losing anything unless you have a promo that we don't know about.

Keep in mind if you change your plan immediately your rewards will not apply until your next renewal in 30 days. If you have significant rewards you may want to schedule a plan change on next renewal and just go on a data diet for a few days til renewal.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ITALIA2020 

if you can't Change Your Plan online,

i suggest you to submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by  , click here.

or try changing your plan, you can choose to change immediately or at your next plan renewal date. To change your plan: sign in to Self-Serve, select ‘Change Plan’ on the Overview page, select the plan you want, and scroll to the bottom of the page.If you’re looking to apply a promotion to your plan, learn how you can do that here.

Changing your plan on the next plan renewal date 

We recommend you choose this option because it allows you to use the services you have already paid for until your next plan renewal date. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• If you choose to change your plan on your next plan renewal date, the amount owed will be automatically updated.
  • If you have AutoPay set up, the amount of your new plan will be charged on your payment due date.
  • You can cancel a future-dated plan change at any time by clicking on the ‘Plans and Add-Ons’ tab and selecting ‘Cancel Order’.
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

Changing your plan immediately

You may choose to change your plan immediately if you have used all or most of your services, or if your account is suspended and you would like a different plan. Here are some things you should know about this option:

• There must be enough funds in your account to cover the full amount of the new plan.
  • A new payment cycle starts when you activate your new plan.
  • Your plan will not be prorated, which means that any days remaining in your current payment
  • Any earned Rewards will be applied on your next renewal after the plan change.

@ITALIA2020 wrote:

I am on a $ 50 plan which gives me 8.5 G of Data.  I recently noticed that Public Mobile is now offering 10 G of data for the same plan.  I exhausted my data 3 days before my renewal date.  Why are plans not automatically bumped up to 10 Gigs?  That pisses me off!

Most carriers will not chagne your plan without the customer requesting it.  The $50 10.5GB plan is set up in the system as a different plan with a unique computerized plan code. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

it won't automatically update the plan.  But you can login to My Account and Change Plan and Change to the new $50 plan

please note you will have a choice to Change Immediately or change at next recycle.  If you already used your current data,  you might want to Change Now.  PM will charge $50 now and start the new cycle  now.   Usually we ask ppl to select change in next cycle, but in your case, your data used up, it might be good to Change immediatly

Need Help? Let's chat.