cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan increase

Island1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Just logged into the new environment for the first time as I wanted to update my payment details (hadn't logged in for a while). Before I even made any changes, "Upcoming Payment" is showing I'm on a $55 plan, while I'm on a $35 plan. Payment was last renewed for $35 on June 9, but it says the $55 plan is due for July 9. Could this be a bug from the new environment? I have not received any communication about rate increases and was just randomly logging in to notice this issue just now.

Thank you.

13 REPLIES 13

Island1

Turns out this plan was actually $55 at some point (although I never paid that for it). Was told to ignore the info in my account and that even though it says they will debit $55, it will be $35. Anyway, I switched now, but just wanted to post this for anyone else on an ancient plan who might be experiencing the same issue.

@Island1 wrote:

Just logged into the new environment for the first time as I wanted to update my payment details (hadn't logged in for a while). Before I even made any changes, "Upcoming Payment" is showing I'm on a $55 plan, while I'm on a $35 plan. Payment was last renewed for $35 on June 9, but it says the $55 plan is due for July 9. Could this be a bug from the new environment? I have not received any communication about rate increases and was just randomly logging in to notice this issue just now.

Does your plan include 20GB? If so, there was a plan that was $55 but that was reduced to $35 after a $20 temporary discount for 15 renewals.  I suspect that the website is howing the regular price of the plan.  Check to see if the $20 promotion is still listed on your account.

@Island1    Until a few weeks ago, PM was also offering 4G plans at $35/3GB and $37/5GB.  If you don't want to lock into 90 payment cycle, you might just want to check the Plans page every week as PM seems to be changing around plans frequently with different price and data points over the last several months.

Island1

Yes. And no, haven't looked into it for a couple of years tbh. Thanks for the suggestion!

@Island1    You are paying $35 for 500MB at 4G?   Have you checked out PM's plans over the last year several months?

You can get better options with more data (pay more though for 4G):  Here's the link to PM's current plan options, just in case you want to schedule any plan change:  https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans

edit:  obviously, the best option might be the promotional $39/90 day plan with 30GB data at 4G available until June 19th.

Island1

No, I don't have any other account or plan. Pretty strange, no idea what's going on here. I created a ticket, thank you for your help so far. 

@Island1   you are not managing other account that have $55 plan?  if you have multiple accounts, it could be problem with browser cache and you need to use Incognito mode to get the correct info

if you are sure there is problem with the plan details, please open ticket with support and have them to sort it out:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Island1

No it's probably older (from 3 or 4 years ago?); 500MB at 4G LTE Speed with unlimited talk & text.

@Island1 which $35 plan you have been having? was it the one from Cyber Monday, the one with 20GB?

or the old $35 plan with 2 or 3GB?

Island1

Thanks for the quick response. Am using desktop, incognito mode / relogging didn't change anything unfortunately.

Island1

Thanks for the quick response. No, I never received any credits other than loyalty & autopay. Top-up has been the same amount for a year.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Island1 if you were on the $55 plan with $20 credit , then it is correct. That is in fact a $55 just with discount for  so many months

Check the payment history and see if you see some $20 credit applied during renewal 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Island1   Are you viewing your account on your mobile or desktop?  Try the latter and, of course, use incognito/private mode to ensure you're viewing current information because of caching issues with the site.

Need Help? Let's chat.