cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan expired?

rgutter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I received a text today saying I had only 10 minutes remaining on my plan. Which made no sense. I'm set up for auto-renewal AND the renewal date is set for tomorrow. AND I'm sitting on over 1600 minutes of available time.

Had no time to investigate as I had a (very sensitive) scheduled LD call arranged. I knew the call was going to be WAY over 10 minutes; I just hoped the text was sent in error and I wouldn't actually be cut off.

No such luck.

After I redialled on my home line (don't want to think about what that hour's going to cost) I checked my account. Sure enough, the overview showed 
   Account Status: Plan Expired

as well as no Data & Add-Ons.

The overview &  payment details screens both correctly showed that my last payment was on April 3 and that my next payment was due on May 3.

Clicking on the payment option showed the problem. There was no longer any credit card on display, nor any indication it had ever existed. Re-adding the credit card info may have resoled the issue. I say may because the overview now correctly shows My Data & Add-Ons, but still displays "Account Status: Plan Expired".

Is anyone able to explain what happened, and more importantly provide some sort of assurance that it won't re-occur? I really like Public Mobile, recommend it all the time, just co-incidentally steered a friend to the shop down the block to sign-up yesterday. Etc. But this sort of issue worries me - that it was badly timed for me is of course co-incidental, but still....

As I said - I'm concerned.

Thanks in advance for any feeback.

11 REPLIES 11

rgutter

@Anonymous Right, it's being cut-off that's was the real anomaly.

rgutter

@darlicious 

Yes, service has been restored. I probably should have tested it last night after I re-entered my c/c information, but didn't. This morning (my normal renewal date) I received the expected text messages after my card was debited, and all's good, at least for now. Thanks.

rgutter

@barndoor 

I'd wondered about that too. Had my card expired and been updated awhile ago w/out my remembering to update it for PM? Possible I suppose, but I've never seen a vendor simply delete a card, nor would I expect one to try to debit it a day before the charge would have been due. I guess only the accounting dept at PM could really answer that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : The provincial thing was a mess all around. But ok.

@rgutter 

Do you have any services?

@Anonymous 

Even a provincial plan shouldn't cut you off if you have calling add ons....even with the old provincial calling plan glitch as a calling add on was the work around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rgutter : I did indeed misunderstood what you wrote. I have the 50 minute plan. I have a bunch of add-on minutes too. On those times I run out I get the text while on the call, then it just keeps going and I know it's now using my add-on minutes. I've never been cut-off.

Are you possibly on an old grandfathered provincial plan? Or even newer one?

@rgutter 

When you phone 611 what happens?

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

I'm sorry you misunderstood the plan minutes warning and then dialed from your landline.

according to  @rgutter  's account  he/she dialed from their landline because they got cut off  not because they were heeding the warning . 

I really hope cases of the " glitches "  don't start popping up here . They can be a pain .

Oops my slow typing makes me late again  @rgutter  hadn't posted when I posted the first paragraph . 🙄

Any chance there was an issue of some kind with credit card ?  ...Just grasping at straws and not wanting it to be a  "glitch"  .

rgutter

@z10user4@darlicious

Thanks. I appreciate your responses. But I don't think my experience today fits into the  category you're both alluding to.

I recall getting "the warning"  a couple of times many years ago, and learned (probably through here) not to let it worry me. But I don't think though that in those cases I got the brief full-silence you're-about-to-be-cut-off signals as I did today. Plus, I should have been clearer in my initial message ["..I just hoped... I wouldn't actually be cut off....No such luck...After I redialled on my home line..."] that I was indeed cut-off at the end. (I guess -  no recording, no dial tone, nothing, just silence.) So the critical difference is that today my service seems to have actually ended. (Also, I've never seen my credit card details disappear.) 

I'm left assuming a probably software glitch. I'm not really sure if that's a better or worse sign than a known but unfixed issue, mind you. But I do appreciate your inputs.

Richard

@rgutter 

Everything @Anonymous explained is correct. The old adage around here us if you still have service you have nothing to worry about just ignore all the "dire" warnings in your account. I'm sorry you misunderstood the plan minutes warning and then dialed from your landline. Always refer to your accounts minute or data counters for accurate info on your usage. It is very, very exceedingly rare for it to be wrong.

Please take some time to read, ask questions or use the search bar to learn about your pm service and self service account management. The more you know the more you will enjoy your pm service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rgutter : You will get the minute warning based on your plan minutes. If you have add-on minutes then whatever call finishes your plan minutes will just seamlessly start using the add-on minutes. Don't worry.

As for Plan Expired...normal. Then at midnight ET you'll see suspended. Normal. As long as your services are working through to noon ET tomorrow you're good.

Maybe you had a site glitch. Clear cache/site cookies or use a different browser or use incognito/privacy mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.