cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan activated, now when friends call it says number not in service

DDSmith
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated a plan Sept 30 to port my existing landline I have had for decades to Public Mobile.  I set up my voicemail etc.  Some calls came through to the cell phone, some still went to my home phone.  I called Telus - provider for the landline - to see what was going on and they said they had to cancel the line and then it would be ported over properly.  They did that Sunday.  I called the number now after a friend said she could not get through, and it says out of service but the number shows on my Public Mobile account screen and I am being charged by Public Mobile for that number and plan.  Please help.  I really need that number so people can reach me who don't know I canceled my home phone.

1 REPLY 1

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@DDSmith wrote:

I called Telus - provider for the landline - to see what was going on and they said they had to cancel the line and then it would be ported over properly.

@DDSmith   

not sure if that part is true.  The line has to be active for porting.  Once ported , the line would be closed.  Not sure why "had to cancel the line and then it would be ported over properly"

But no worry, there is a porting support team to call.  I will message you the phone number and check.  Please check your Community inbox, envelope icon

In the meantime, also try to reboot your phone once more

Need Help? Let's chat.