cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan Usage

PaulLucas
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, Last week I was looking into changing my monthly plan and asked a PM rep in chat about the unlimited incoming calls. They said all plans have this feature. I then asked if that means that if someone calls me for a half hour, does that count against my 50min monthly talk time. He said no, it doesn't.  So I received several long calls and unknowingly used up my promo 500min bank that I had.  I would like clarification on this topic.  What does unlimited incoming calls mean?  Does my $10 plan have this feature?  I was told to write to you after explaining this with live chat.

11 REPLIES 11

@Anonymous 

Yes I suppose I should clarify that....I find their calling a pain in the hip!! Too many ads....fongo is simple and works on mobile data in a pinch. But good point.

@PaulLucas 

If you hang out here a couple times a week you can probably earn a $1 or $2 community reward too! At the very least check back in here in December to see if pm keeps up the tradition of the "more the merrier" campaign of free international minutes and data add on gifts for its customers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PaulLucas : So you see everybody, the CSA's are not the perfect be all end all. They incorrectly answered that one detail that the customer is on the 50/50 plan.

If you're a low usage customer then that plan is great. I have 3 of them. The add-on minutes are buy once use over time unlike most other providers. At a cent a minute it's a bargain too. And if you buy data add-ons it comes in at full speed 4G LTE.

Edit: @darlicious : TextNow does both talk and text...not just text.

@PaulLucas   you have the $10 plan?  if so, you have a very good plan.  consider buying the $5 addon for 500 Canadian minutes.  The add-on are non-expiring and you only need to buy more if you used them up.  So, assuming you used them all every month, your cost us still just $15 per month.  And if the 500 mins can last you 2 months or more,  your monthly cost is even less

@PaulLucas 

Don't change your plan! Let me post and edit why.....

Edit:

The $10 50/50 plan is still a very sought after plan and very saleable if you took that route. I have this plan along with a second account that has the $15 plan. You can easily add the $5/500min add on and if you purchase or are gifted data on this plan it is full speed 4G LTE no longer available on current plans.

After 5 years with no effort on your part the loyalty and autopay rewards reduce it to $3 per month.

You can download the fongo app for free calling and checking voicemail and the text now app for free texting both while on wifi....but fongo will also work on mobile data if needed. MMS cannot be limited or isn't currently on your plan unlike the 50 SMS texts. You just need your mobile data on.

Unfortunately live chat is just live sales and they literally know nothing except the plans page on the computer screen in front of them. But saying that they should be trained to say current plans and if you don't see your current plan then ask the community or contact customer support because I don't know?!!

So saying that I would complain ( nicely) to customer support about the misinformation and ask for a complimentary $5/500min add on for that poor advice.....good training involves telling customers I don't know the answer to that. Stick to the community for advice.....the unpaid tend to know a lot more than the paid help around here. Keep your $10 plan.😃!!

@PaulLucas wrote:

Just to be clear, If I upgrade to the $10 plan, I can receive unlimited call's for unlimited minute's? It's only my outbound call's that are using my call time limit?

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PaulLucas @Yes, you can get unlimited incoming calls, only thing is when you call, it will count as a outgoing call and will use up the 100 minutes.

PaulLucas

I meant upgrade to the $15 plan.

PaulLucas

Just to be clear, If I upgrade to the $10 plan, I can receive unlimited call's for unlimited minute's? It's only my outbound call's that are using my call time limit?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

To my best knowledge since you mention $10 plan, you are on grandfathered, old plan.

It does not have unlimited incoming calls.

I would suggest to consider current $15 plan with unlimited incoming calls, 100 outgoing minutes per month, unlimited in/out SMS worldwide, etc.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
  • @PaulLucas The $15 and up plans do come with unlimited incoming calls. The Grandfathered $10 plan doesn't as it is a limited minutes plan. Thus why it used up all your promo minutes.
  • You can check out the current plan lineup: https://www.publicmobile.ca/plans
  • For your usage, I recommend the $15 which comes with 100 anytime minutes, unlimited incoming call, unlimited text, and 250 MB data.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@PaulLucas...FYI, we're all just PM users here in the Community Forum.

I'd suggest you upgrade to the current $15 plan. Unlimited incoming calls. All the texting you'd want and a bit of data.

That old plan you're on isn't available any longer and has limited incoming and outgoing calls.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans/15for250MB-3Gspeed

Edit...alternative is to keep your current $10 plan and get the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. Unused add-on minutes will roll over until used up.

Need Help? Let's chat.