cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 7 sim not working

Dusty13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have a pixel 7 and the sim card will not recognize. Tried a few different sim cards and this phone won't recognize any of them. Does public mobile offer esim? States it does but cannot find the option for the life of me anywhere in the app or website. Any help is greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10

Dusty13

Turns out it is a bad motherboard in the Google Pixel 7 (Seems to be a common issue)

HI @Dusty13 

for esim, you sure you set it up  properly?  did you install it and enabled it? do you mind to send us screenshot?

Dusty13

As stated tried a few different sim cards as I have Freedom & Virgin on 2 others. They also did not work. The eSim route also does not work. The old phone (LG) works fine with the physical sim. Assuming it is some software or hardware bug on the Google Pixel 7 end but have not managed to find a solution. Will try a head reset next and hope for the best.

Dusty13

Used the blacklist and the phone is good. Bought it brand new and it was working for the first month or two. Esim did not fix the problem. It's really weird as I bought 4 Pixel 7s at the same time and this is the only one with issues.

HI @Dusty13 

happy that it helps.  Let us know if eSIM solves your problem

and did you use the check blacklist link I sent you? 

Dusty13

Scratch that, just found the option. Thanks so much

Dusty13

Just checked, the IMEI is good. Only add ons it shows are Bundle, Data, Minutes. No options for eSim.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Where did you get that phone?
Are those 'other' SIM cards active and valid?

If it does not accept ANY SIM it could be blacklisted as lost/stolen.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Is this phone brand new? Where did you get it from? I'm wondering if it's black listed or locked. You can check here.

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Just wondering, if you place your SIM card into a different phone, does it work? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Dusty13 

check if the phone is blacklisted with the physical sim slot, (use the IMEI for the physical sim, not the esim)

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

and YES , PM has esim support.  Download PM app on your phone.  Login and go to Subscription & Add-n page, scoll down for Buy sim  and eSIM will be an option there. Pay $5 and you are there

Need Help? Let's chat.