cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture sending only works when data is on through iMessaging.

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know that the subject has had many similar complaints and long discussions. My plan does have

• Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging.

However have  noticed that when I disable data on my iPhone basic text messages do sent without any problem but pictures do not. 

I have followed all the past posted suggestions - - re-setting phone, etc. etc - but pictures do not sent. Out of curiosity have also tried sending pictures with another iPhone that confirmed that pictures will not sent without data being enabled.  Do others still have this problem and is there a solution?

So it seems, in our case anyways, that paying for our PM plans is only good for voice calls, and being able to use data.

5 REPLIES 5

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you leave iMessage  set up on an iPhone. 

1. You can send a pic to another apple product over wifi or data. 

2. You must turn data on if you send to an android. 

@Tsawwassen   3G plan, even with 3Mbps limit on 4G/LTE network should be good enough for MMS delivery

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

When we disable iMessaging – our 3G plans may be  too slow to send pictures within a reasonable time so it seems that they are not sending.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tsawwassen   hey, one thing to remember

BOTH MMS and iMessage need Mobile Data to be on  

MMS need Mobile data to be on but won't consume your data

iMessage needs Mobile data to be on (or Wifi)  and will consume your data

And do you know if you are sending MMS or iMessage?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Tsawwassen , if you want to use regular MMS, you need to turn iMessages off as the preferred messaging system to use.  As for MMS, it uses unmetered mobile  data which means mobile data does need to be turned on for it to work.  iMessages will use either of WiFi or mobile data.  

Need Help? Let's chat.