cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iphone is disabled

Minu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have not used my phone for over 3 months as I was out of the country.

When I returned, I charged my phone but I get a message saying 'iphone is disabled'. 

I have been charged on my credit card for the phone even though I have not been using it.

It is frustrating that I cannot use the phone.

5 REPLIES 5

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Was your phone accessible? Possibly some one tried your passcode numerous times. And that can lock out your phone. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Minu 

Sounds like you may need to do a reset of your iPhone

To confirm whether or not your public mobile service is still active, simply remove the SIM card from the iPhone and place it in another device which may be available to you and see if calling and texting features work.

You could also try logging into your self-serve account and it will display the status of the account (active or suspended).

If you can't log in at all then that means your service is likely  deactivated.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I thought, The "iPhone is disabled" error message was a message that that pops up after you have repeatedly entered the wrong passcode for your device.

@will13am wrote:

@Minu , have your left your account unpaid and in suspension for greater than 90 days?  If so your account would be deactivated.

I wondering about the 90 days of suspension factor too, but int that case, the customer shouldn't have been charged on the credit card. Unofrutnately, strange things occasionally happen on closed accounts, and if the account has been closed, the customer would at least be entitled to a refund.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Minu , have your left your account unpaid and in suspension for greater than 90 days?  If so your account would be deactivated.

Need Help? Let's chat.