cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoning Canada from the US with an Add-On

jack5191
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in the US and have a 15 day talk and text add-on and text is working well to Canada. I phoned Canada and could hear the other person perfectly but they couldn't hear me. I used +1 in front of their phone number.

Do I not need the +1 with my roaming plan? Do I use 1 (without the +) in front of their 10 digit phone number or just dial the 10 digits only?

Thanks for the help.

5 REPLIES 5

jack5191

Success! I moved locations to a strong signal and my call worked. Thanks for all your help everyone!!!

jack5191

Thanks! I think it could be a weak signal. I just checked and my signal strength is poor at -124 dBm 15asu. I will try moving locations to improve the signal.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jack5191 

does this problem occur when calling anyone in Canada or just one person. Perhaps they have a problem, not you.

added

text the person in Canada to call you to see if the same issue occurs.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

If you were able to complete the call, then a lot of our typical troubleshooting can be ruled out. And you do need to put a 1, but regardless it connected the call so that's not your issue.

Did you try again from a different location? Maybe you had a weak signal? Make sure you're connected to either T-Mobile or AT&T; if one caused issues, try the other and see if that's any better. 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

It should not matter if you use + or not. You were able to get through so I don't believe that is the issue. Double check that you weren't connected to Bluetooth,  hang up and try again, try someone else. Does it happen when you call local? 

Need Help? Let's chat.