cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number to another carrier and keep Public Mobile account/plan/addon with new number

Tpsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi!

I have a Public Mobile account and I want to keep my account with a new phone number and I want to transfer my current phone number to another carrier. Is it possible?

The transfer could be initiated by another carrier, in this case my current Public Mobile phone number will move to the new carrier, but what will happen to my Public Mobile account, plan and add-ons? Can I add a new phone number to the Public Mobile account after a transfer to another carrier without losing my Public Mobile account, plan and add-ons?

Also, in My Account, under My Profile, I see the following options:

1. Change phone number - It allows me to choose a new phone number based on my city, but what will happen to the current number? Can I transfer the old number to another carrier or do I lose it?
  2. Transfer phone number - It allows me to bring an existing phone number from another carrier to Public Mobile, but what will happen to my current phone number? Can I transfer the old number to another carrier or do I lose it?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Tpsh 

Why don’t you move the PM SIM into your new phone then pick a new number from the other carrier on your old phone.

Once you port out your number to the other carrier, your account will be closed and the SIM will be useless.

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can port your current number to another provider but that would close your account. You would have to create a new account with PM (using a new SIM or eSIM) as a new customer but you would lose any points and referrals (if any) that you now have.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tpsh - When you port out of Public Mobile, your account gets deleted soon after.

And if you change phone number chasing a new number, your old number will go to your old carrier and get lost.

Transfer number is bringing another active account with a number to Public Mobile, this will overwrite your previous phone number.

Need Help? Let's chat.