cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls failing on Iphone SE (3rd Gen)

BK_M
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So for the last year I've been having issues with incoming/outgoing calls that have really screwed some life things up! Got it fixed twice before last year but the means was not overly evident (toggled airplane mode, hard reset, updated iOS, etc). 
Is there a solid fix for any of this? This is really spoiling my Public Mobile experience. 

6 REPLIES 6

BK_M

Yeah, I'm definitely leaning in this direction. I'm thinking you are right in that it changes settings. I've noticed the bluetooth being turned on as well.
This has happened twice before and I'm pretty sure I updated the iOS both times (didn't document because I was in full panic mode waiting for a crucial phonecall!). 

@BK_M   It may not be your issue but I have noticed that ios updates can change settings.  They always seem to turn on bluetooth which I never leave on so I routinely have to turn it back off again, and the last update seems to have messed up iMessages on my phone.  Somehow or other it had changed from sending from the phone number to sending from email and I couldn't send iMessages, had to send them as SMS until I figured out what had happened.  

BK_M

I got it working again--and now I begin to wonder if it is iOS updates that are creating this issue. I had one sitting in the queue, updated the phone, toggled airplane mode, and now I can suddenly call in/out. Anyone heard of this?

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you don’t have unlimited minutes make sure you have enough minutes for the call, check if it’s the phone or the SIM card. Maybe it’s just that phone specifically.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BK_M 

you can ask the CSA to re-provision your account. Use this link to message them.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I have the same iPhone and mine seems to work fine.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@BK_M   Have you tried another working phone's sim in your phone to help determine if it's a problem with the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.