cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says unable to download eSIM

Mann_8
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just tried changing over to PM today. Everything seemed to be working and then it says unable to download eSIM. Tried again scanning the QR code with same problem. My phone is compatible with the eSIM when I checked it. 
now I’m stuck with no phone !! Any suggestions. I’ve already sent a ticket but I’m stuck because it’s Sunday. Help ! 

5 REPLIES 5

hi  @Mann_8 they will reimburse

you know where to find the physical sim?? just buy from Telus or Koodo store, make sure you ask for a Public Mobile sim card

Mann_8

Hi Olivia. Support contacted me and told me to purchase a new eSIM which they would reimburse me for. I haven’t actually checked to see if they did reimburse me or not but the new eSIM worked. 

Olivia_T

I am having the same issue with my eSIM. What ended up working? Can I order a physical SIM card instead. When I try to contact PM support at the link provided I get redirected to a Private Messages tab but it is blank. Not sure what to do next? 

Olivia_T_0-1710428824039.png

Mann_8

Thanks for the reply. The eSIM is not installed or at least it doesn’t show up. I messaged with the link thanks. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mann_8 

the esim could have already been installed.  Check your Sim card manager or Settings > Cellular on your phone and see if a Public Mobile esim is there

if not, message support for help (check the end of this reply for link to message PM support)

if there is the PM esim there, you will just need to enable it and set it up.  First,  if you have another active sim on the phone, disable those non PM sim (eSIM/Physical sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or simply remove the physical sim.  

And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled.
(On iPhone: Settings->Cellular , make sure the PM eSIM is set as Primary on "Cellular Plan Label" and "Turn on This Line" is toggled on)

Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetooth connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Need Help? Let's chat.