cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone says I am at my data limit of 4GB when I have 20GB of data on my phone plan

AUserHasNoName
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched my plan last month so this is my first month on the new phone plan. I was watching a movie with a friend while on a walk when my phone gave a big warning I was at my data limit, so I opened my data usage and saw that it thinks I still have only 4GB of data.

I tried shutting my phone off for a bit then turned it back on again to see if reloading the SIM would fix the issue. However it still reads 4GB of data.

As long as I am not being charged as if I'm using "extra" data when I'm not its fine, just the notification popping up is annoying.

Note: I am using a Motorola Moto G8 Power and the original SIM card I got when I first signed up for PublicMobile.

6 REPLIES 6

AUserHasNoName
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you! I totally forgot when I originally switched to PublicMobile that I added a data limit on the phone itself!

coryquinlan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wouldn’t worry about it unless it was a sms

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Your phone doesn't know how much data your plan has. That's just a device setting that you can change or disable. 

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AUserHasNoName   if phone says , not via SMS , it is a device settings, not account

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AUserHasNoName 

are you using an Android?  sound like it is a data limit you enabled on your phone, something like this:

E-MobileData.png

If so, you might want to disable it

And to confirm your usage, please login My Account using Incognito mode to assure you have the correct reading, not reading old cached page earlier

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AUserHasNoName 

go into your phones data settings and disable your data limit set on your device. since PM doesn't have overages here there is no reason for the option to be enabled

Need Help? Let's chat.