cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone sale

Nbhiker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

public mobile sells phones on their website.  If I buy one, do I have to activate with Public Mobile or I can activate with Telus?

8 REPLIES 8

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Nbhiker as said above,  the phone you got from PM CPO site should be unlocked  and can be used on any carriers 

Just in case it still come locked, very slight chance,  you cam still ask PM for an unlock code.  PM is obligated to provider you that by law.

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Nbhiker it will be the unlocked phone. you can choice which provider you want

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Nbhiker 

All phones sold in Canada by a retailer are to be unlocked so you can go with any carriers you wish.

But keep in mind that these are not new phones.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Anybody can buy phone from PM. You do not have to have PM service at all.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Nbhiker , phone purchase and being a mobile customer are two separate things.  You can buy a phone without ever being a customer.  

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You don't have to do anything with it. You also get a Public sim card with the purchase. You can sit them on your mantle and enjoy the decoration if you like. 🙂

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Nbhiker wrote:

public mobile sells phones on their website.  If I buy one, do I have to activate with Public Mobile or I can activate with Telus?

You don't have to activate with PM. You can use it with other provider, because it's unlocked phone.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nbhiker @Whom  ever you choose 

Need Help? Let's chat.