cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone plan not working

bernier35
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been with public mobile for years. I have loyalty points and friend referrals. For some reason this year my 3G plan was not working anymore. My text won’t all go through and my data doesn’t work. For 2 months now I have had a terrible time with my phone plan. My mom has the same plan with no issues I don’t know why mine isn’t working. I thought upgrading to 4G might work for me. It will be more expensive but it looks like if I change my plan I could loose my rewards. Is this true? I don’t want to loose my friend referral and loyalty rewards just to change my phone plan… does anyone have any recommendations, or know what might be happening. I need my phone to be working once again. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

bernier35

I rest the network on my phone by searching the settings for “network” and clicking the “reset network settings” section to reset. So far it is working now. I do however have to re-login to all my wifi and networks but it is worth it if the phone continues to work thank you!

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you try turning it off and on again? 😄

Seriously though. Rebooting the phone can fix a lot of issues.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Calls in and out? Texts in? Are you able to text to Android phones?

Hi @bernier35 ,

On your iPhone,  try to update Carrier Profile.  

If that does not work, try Reset All Network

@bernier35 now, try the opposite,  see if your mom or sis sim card work on your iPhone   This can confirm if it is device problem

bernier35

Thank you for the help about the rewards. I did try my SIM card in both my mom and sisters phone and it is working fine. They have older phones than me. I have a iPhone 11 and it is up to date, I used to use this exact SIM card in this phone before and I’m not sure why it is only not working in my own phone. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

3G plans work as expected,  no issues here.

Did you try your SIM in some other phone? Can you switch phones with your mom and see will that change anything?

You will NOT lose your rewards if you switch plans as rewards are tied up with your Account not plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.