cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number randomly changed

anaboreya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I had a phone number that I had been working with for years, and just this month it had suddenly been changed to a random number, I need that phone number back because I have many things linked with that number, I have messaged support 2 times but they still haven't replied back to me for over a day, can someone help me?

Thanks

17 REPLIES 17

anaboreya

Thank you very much for your help, I do have proof of a bill and I will hopefully use that to settle it from here and hope they get back to me so I can resolve this issue. Thanks again for your help

Alright then, I think we've settled that side. Something that happens on rare occasions is where a new sign up selects a number that actually belongs to somebody else that certainly should not have been selectable. That may be your situation. And indeed only support can help you with that.
You said you have the receipt of when you started here and maybe a welcome email and maybe a bill from Freedom showing your number. This would all be good proof to them to say uh yeah that's my number. Give it back. Now.
If you get pushback from agents just say escalate. That's your number. No way no one should have been able to pick it.

Even if someone had got in your account and changed the number you would have noticed that right away. Even if you had changed it yourself there would be some time before someone would see the number to select it. You're on it. Keep it.

anaboreya

I didn't call freedom, since ive transferred to public the freedom account automatically closed, and I used the number with PM fine but randomly this month it has changed, so Im just going to assume it is an error from PM's side and is why im trying to get in touch with them because this number is linked to all my businesses and I need it back asap

I meant did you call Freedom back then and inform them that you have (tried to) ported out and to please close the account. Maybe you were still paying for it and you thought you shouldn't be so you asked them to close it.
That's quite concerning that now someone else has the number. I'm just trying to figure out how you lost it while you wait for support.

anaboreya

I have also sent a message to CSA but they still havent gotten back to me in over 3 hours, over the course of 3 messages requests.

anaboreya

I dont know what you mean by manually but I just transferred it from freedom to public mobile is all I did, I still have the sim but when I called the number, it calls out to someone else who has taken that number.

Do you still have the sim? Back then did you manually ask them to close the account? Numbers don't just change is what I'm trying to get at. Either you did (which I'm sure you didn't) or that port failed. Can you try the sim in another phone and call out to a phone close by and see what the caller id shows?

anaboreya

Oh sorry I misread freedom as public, No I cant login to my freedom account because I have a receipt when I transferred my own number from freedom to public mobile

You mean you can still log in to your Freedom account and the sim is still active...but the number changed there as well?

anaboreya

Yes I can access my account and the sim card is still working but the number was just changed

anaboreya

I sent them a couple of messages (and this morning a direct one) but they havent gotten back to me yet

anaboreya

Its inactive

Yes, support. If you had been here for just over a month then that would make sense in that the port would have failed and they assign a random number. So in all these 8 months you've been getting incoming calls all fine from all providers and your number looks normal to recipients?
Can you still log in to your Freedom account? Does that sim still work (if you still have it)?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@anaboreya 

there's not much we can do, here in the PM Community Forum. You gonna still need help from a PM CSA. Here's a link for you to use to send them another message. Be sure to let them know the importance of your request for help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

What happens if you call your old number?  

anaboreya

Ive been using that number for many years with freedom but then I transferred my number with public and have been using it for 8 months, just this month it has been changed randomly.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

But have you had the number working here for years?

Need Help? Let's chat.