cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone compatibility

Islandgurl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, trying to set up a flip phone with PM and the model number isn't in the compatibility list - does anyone know if it still could be compatible? It's a flip phone. LG C441

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

I wasn't referring to LTE connectivity but the lack of 3G signal in a few places in Canada like our fellow member the other day near Springdale, Newfoundland who wanted to know why they and a few of their friends and family on pm could not send or recieve calls at home......because of the complete absence of a 3G network in their immediate area.

So while we did find a work around for the issue using fongo and their crystal clear 4G LTE signal that would not work for the OP using a flip phone with no 4G LTE connectivity.

I understand but that part, but that isn't related to the compatibility of the device with the network. Based on thie information in this thread, the OP could really be anywhere.  

@computergeek541 

I wasn't referring to LTE connectivity but the lack of 3G signal in a few places in Canada like our fellow member the other day near Springdale, Newfoundland who wanted to know why they and a few of their friends and family on pm could not send or recieve calls at home......because of the complete absence of a 3G network in their immediate area.

So while we did find a work around for the issue using fongo and their crystal clear 4G LTE signal that would not work for the OP using a flip phone with no 4G LTE connectivity.

@darlicious wrote:

@Islandgurl 

Unless you are in Brandon or Winnipeg,  Manitoba where you could have some issues with connectivity inside or in more remote areas of Canada like parts of Newfoundland then you couv ld at times be without any signal. Major centres and highway corridors you shouldn't have any issues.

If you live outside of a major centre you can give us an approximate location  we can check for service in your area with cell tower map.

Which provider was/is the phone with? If it's a telus family company then the MMS APN will probably work without issue.

If this was one fo the F4NR devices distributed by LG Canada, this is likely a device from Bell/Virgin and is likely locked.  While the phone doesn't support LTE, this device is fully compatible with voice,text, and data services at Public Mobile.  

While it's true that there can be areas that are only provided service by LTE, I don't see that as a factor.  A customer is unlikely to want to use internet or even MMS on this model as both the display and camera are very low resolution.  

This type of device I see as very likely to be used for mainly phone calls, for which this device is 100% compatible. The lack of LTE won't affect a customer for voice services.  

@Islandgurl 

Unless you are in Brandon or Winnipeg,  Manitoba where you could have some issues with connectivity inside or in more remote areas of Canada like parts of Newfoundland then you could at times be without any signal. Major centres and highway corridors you shouldn't have any issues.

If you live outside of a major centre you can give us an approximate location  we can check for service in your area with cell tower map.

Which provider was/is the phone with? If it's a telus family company then the MMS APN will probably work without issue.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Islandgurl  Yes, it should work with PM but on the 3G HSPA network. Depending on the area you live in, some carriers in some areas may have announced dates for decommissioning the 3G HSPA network. So, I would check just incase.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Is this your phone? https://www.lg.com/ca_en/cell-phones/lg-LGC441

It has 850 and 1900 bands so should work.  I would first make sure it is unlocked or get it unlocked from the previous provider.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

.. an another comment on the same thread

Even the APN settings work, though it was a little tricky to set them up.

so, if all you want is phone calls, it probably easy.  If you want data or mms as well, might be a bit of adventure.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Based on these specs it is compatible but only on 3G.

https://www.lg.com/ca_en/cell-phones/lg-LGC441

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Is this the same as Lg C441 F4NR?   If so, It should work

someone said this in the Community from before  as well :

Re: Flip LG-C441 F4NR - Compatibility ?

My mother and my friend both have one that I transfered from bell Mobility and they work great, only thing I had to mess with was the mms settings to get the picture messages to work 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Flip-LG-C441-F4NR-Compatibility/m-p/4...

Need Help? Let's chat.