cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calling and receiving still not working in Sylvan lake,AB

jimv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The calling and receiving function for use of cell in Sylvan Lake is still not working since the previous Friday 16th, with lots of info reported to various agents and escalated to your tech team!!  When is this issue going to be fixed!!  This issue only occurs in Sylvan Lake and is related to tower issue somewhere in Sylvan Lake.  Paying for service and can't even make a call out from Sylvan Lake or receive a call!!  Broken voice or none at all!  Calls also go into voice mail sometimes.  If call trys to go thru can take up to 1 minute to even try!!  Need this fixed as we have no land line!!!

14 REPLIES 14

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @jimv see your other post, glad it is now working.

@jimv 

That's fantastic! Maybe update your original thread with the resolution.

@jimv glad to hear all is well now !

jimv

As of around 4pm Sylvan Lake is now working with calling on outgoing and incoming phone calls on Public Mobile.  Thanks for getting this going!!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jimv 

As a workaround for your issue download textnow. Choose a Canadian phone number. Then when you are in an area that has 3G network service call forward your public mobile phone number for the busy / declined and unreachable call forwarding settings to your textnow phone number.

Now when callers cannot reach you your call will be forwarded to your text now app and ring through to your phone while you are on Wi-Fi or mobile data. The data usage if you use mobile data is approximately 0.5mb/min or 250mb=500min.

For outgoing calling if you cannot get a stable 3G network signal you will have to use your text now app to make outgoing calls.

This should at least carry you through until they either fix the problem with your local cell tower or if they are not upgrading or planning on fixing the issue due to upgrades for the 5G network then hopefully telus plans on implementing VoLTE for public mobile customers in the next few months if not by the end of this month as a rumor has circulated that this was to be implemented by the end of September.

But that is an unsubstantiated rumor..... Fingers crossed it has some truth to it.

jimv

Good luck with your ticket!  Myself and another friend on Public Mobile have been working with several cs-agents for over a week now and their technical team is working on problem!  No response back from them yet when it will be fixed!  It is a tower related problem and they can't figure out what's wrong currently!

sheena63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, I have summited a ticket. I am also waiting to speak to a agent

sheena63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have been having the same problem. I live in Sylvan Lake

jimv

Used Network Monitor Lite on play store

Hi @jimv which app you use??

jimv

Yes, I sent them tower failure graphs using a tower app locator!

jimv

Yes, tried all 3g, Global, lte. Reset cell after each.  Still bad!!

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Could be the local cell tower has experienced failure or other malfunction issue. Could be awhile before corrected, if that's the case.

edit'd...phonics

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@jimv hi have you tried manualy going into your network settings and changing to 3g ? it clears up this issue quite often 

Need Help? Let's chat.