cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Number Transfer

jls1214
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to public mobile from BellMTS. Since switching over I have not been able to receive text messages from people that are with a certain provider. Everything else has been working great except that. It looks like my number didn't transfer over completely as I never received a text to approve the transfer. I have since lost my old SIM card and only have my public mobile SIM card that is in my phone. There is nothing BellMTS can do about it. Any one know of how I can get my number fully transferred over to public mobile without my old SIM card? 

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jls1214 

Beginner mistake if you didn’t reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in the phone…you have 90 minutes to reply.

Since you lost your old SIM, looks like you will get a new number.

Try rebooting your phone by powering off the phone then back on with the phone logo showing when powering back on.

The other option is to contact BellMTS and see if you can get your number back if you purchase a new SIM from them and restart the porting process.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jls1214   how long you have ported in you number? you can receiving inbound calls?

and you said you cannot receive text from people that are on certain provider, which are the carrier that are on?  If you just ported within couple days, it is normal that people from smaller carriers or VoIP might have trouble texting you or calling you.  Uusally after 3 day, it will all working well 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@jls1214  When porting to a new provider , you need to keep your old SIM card in phone to receive a text to confirm the transfer . At that point you have 90 mins to respond YES to the text to port 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jls1214 wrote:

I recently switched to public mobile from BellMTS. Since switching over I have not been able to receive text messages from people that are with a certain provider. Everything else has been working great except that. It looks like my number didn't transfer over completely as I never received a text to approve the transfer. I have since lost my old SIM card and only have my public mobile SIM card that is in my phone. There is nothing BellMTS can do about it. Any one know of how I can get my number fully transferred over to public mobile without my old SIM card? 

Turn off the phone, remove the sim card, wait a couple of minutes, then put in sim card, reboot the phone.

I pm to you porting number, I'm not sure will help, but you can try.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@jls1214   important thing is are you receiving incoming calls on your current number?  

Try to call again and make sure, this is a critical piece to confirm if your porting was completed

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

If your service is still going with bell contact them for a new sim to your account , and when you get it try to port then , but if you have already cut the service I’m afraid your number is gone for good 

Need Help? Let's chat.