cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Activation

cloudydeams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just topped my account off with $25 dollars. It will not let me reactivate my account, although it's only been out of time for a few weeks tops. Any help able?

17 REPLIES 17

I didn't think any harm in that @dust2dust , paying for plan service before it can be used seemed understood.

But now that you posted what you did, all is clear for OP, just in case. 👍

@esjliv- Yes, we see it frequently. We're the regulars here, let's not propagate the incorrect definition.

I believe the definition of pay as you go is that you have a pot of money and each call, text and MB use pulls a little out to pay for that call or text or MB. It could even remain as a balance for quite some time. This place is a prepaid plan. If you don't pay each month then it stops.

Adding - yeah yeah 30 days 🙂

@cloudydeams wrote:

It doesn't seem to let me report it as lost or stolen due to being suspended? 

Can you try a totally different device @cloudydeams ... although clearing all cache and incognito mode should avoid needing this.

Again, sorry to keep asking..but is there an amount owing showing?

EDIT, under your "Payments" TAB, what does it show for owing amount?

esjliv_0-1664395501610.png

@dust2dust wrote:

The phone doesn't know anything about an account or plan other than what is sent to it from the provider to function. This place is not pay as you go.

Are any services working now? Can you click on any little spinner refresh icons lower down.

@esjliv- This place is not what is regarded as pay as you go.

@dust2dust maybe not exactly, but I feel some may use this term versus prepaid and know that you only get service if you pay for your plan.

cloudydeams

It doesn't seem to let me report it as lost or stolen due to being suspended? 

The phone doesn't know anything about an account or plan other than what is sent to it from the provider to function. This place is not pay as you go.

Are any services working now? Can you click on any little spinner refresh icons lower down.

@esjliv- This place is not what is regarded as pay as you go.

@cloudydeams wrote:

My phone is pay as you go... Will this still work?

All plans are pay as you go (prepaid here) @cloudydeams  

Any balance showing owing..? @cloudydeams 

If today was your renewal day i'd say that's fine if you have services...although the time of day, I don't think it would say that. 

You need enough funds in your Available funds area (less rewards) to reactivate your plan.

cloudydeams

My phone is pay as you go... Will this still work?

cloudydeams

It says your account has been suspended. I go to activate my account with the $25 (which is enough) and it says on the next page that my account has been reactivated, but when I go back to my account page it still says it's suspended. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Is there any balance showing owing @cloudydeams ? Was $25 enough?

What does the status say now: Active or Suspended? edit, you just posted saying suspended, okay. 

If $0 is owing, try listing your phone into Lost/Stolen mode.

Log out, then go back and 'find' your phone, resume services. 

Does it now allow you to reactivate?

cloudydeams

I've used two different browsers (Edge and Chrome) and did the incognito mode and it still won't accept my payment. It's just saying my account is suspended and the available funds are $25. 

cloudydeams

I tried that and it still didn't accept my payment. 

cloudydeams

It shows the $25 as available on my account and on the payment history it shows it added as a top up but doesn't seem to let me use it. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@cloudydeams  - try logging out, then open a tab in incognito mode. Then try to reactivate it again. Did that work?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@cloudydeams 

to make sure you are not reading off cached page, please relogin My Account using Incognito mode or a different browser

do you see the $25 sitting as Available Fund on My Account?

Check Payment History page on My Account, you should see a line about you loading the $25.  check if there is other entries about how the money was used

let us know what you see, maybe post us screenshot

Need Help? Let's chat.