cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

People can’t hear me for first 10-15 seconds of phone calls

NoThx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the first 10-15 seconds of every phone call, I can hear the other person perfectly fine but they can’t hear me at all. Like I’m on mute. Happens with both ingoing and outgoing calls, both indoors and outdoors. 

I tried putting my SIM card into another phone (iPhone XS to Samsung Galaxy S10) - same issue. I went to the Apple Store three times in 1 year - no issue with my iPhone. 

Anyone else have this issue?

VoLTE doesn’t appear as an option in my settings, so I have a ticket in with PM customer service agent to check if it’s enabled on my account. 

Other ideas?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

AnnaVee

We haven't tried anything yet. And since I've never spoken to a customer service agent since before the Telus takeover and I'm not physically over at her place, I thought I'd start by hunting for threads talking about this issue.  

hi @AnnaVee tried the sim in another phone ??

better to submit ticket with CS agent amd ask them to refresh the account 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

AnnaVee

@NoThx Did this solve your problem? 
My mom isn't very tech savvy and wants help with this same issue, but I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll have to try the suggestions above... Or anything else the community suggests.... 

MusaLeporis

@NoThx wrote:

VoLTE doesn’t appear as an option in my settings, so I have a ticket in with PM customer service agent to check if it’s enabled on my account.

You can check if VoLTE is working yourself by disabling WiFi, and watching the network icon in the top bar of your screen. Normally it should say "LTE"... Try making a call somewhere (ie Voicemail or the Rick Astley hotline +1 (226) 336-1437) and see if it changes from "LTE" to something else like "3G" or "H+". If it continues to say LTE while the call is active, then that means your call is via VoLTE.

Do your incoming calls exhibit the 10-15 second delay?

Also test using a wired headset, or a bluetooth headset.

You can also test calls using the Toronto and Victoria test numbers at this site: https://thetestcall.blogspot.com/

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Just my opinion, but while you're chatting with the CS Agent, ask them to do a reset on your network from their end. You'll have to have your phone turned off for this. I had somewhat the same issue and after a network reset on their end, problem fixed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@NoThx  iPhone doesn’t show the option for voLTE with PM but most iPhone are supported for voLTE with PM . Maybe try resetting network settings see if that makes a difference 

add @NoThx  you can check for voLTE turn off wifi and set phone to to LTE and make a call does the phone stay on LTE or drop to 3G ? If stay on LTE voLTE is enabled 

Need Help? Let's chat.