cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments not taking account balance left

saltymacdogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i am having a problem with my payments from public not taking any remainding balance left on my account and jsut charging my card. is there any way to fix this so that money is not left unused??

8 REPLIES 8

saltymacdogg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

three has just been 6 dollars in my account balance for 2 months now that isn't being used towards my bill.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@saltymacdogg - that does not sound like this is supposed to happen.

Are you getting charged the full amount upon renewal on your credit/debit card, yet you are saying you have enough Available Funds in your account to cover the renewal?

Can you provide a snippet of your payment history (no personal info. please here though):

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history

and provide what charges you are seeing on your credit card and when?

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks. I'm still burning off discounted vouchers (no longer available) from a retailer, and on autopay, but in a couple of months I will no longer have a credit balance greater than my monthly bill (about $16). I guess at that point, since I'll have a fraction of a month, I'd need to top up a full plan amount, then do another topup to round up for the following month?

And when I get to my fractional-month credit balance, do I have to top up $25 (the "full plan amount") or about $16 (what I pay after predictable Rewards)? Not too worried about floating $9 for another month, but don't like having (say) a $5 credit balance sitting there forever. Like to keep things tidy. 🙂

Hi @ottawa there was couple posts about that.  Some regular tested it and if the Available funds is less than Amount due, the system simply won't take the top up other than the full plan amount 

if the Available fund is more than amount due, then you can top up as little as $1

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If the manual payments are by CC not voucher (assuming that's possible), what would happen if you only topped up by the amount needed? Would it then take the existing balance? (This is only a question because I have no experience with this, only autopay and sometimes adding vouchers ahead of time).

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@saltymacdogg , please use incognito mode when viewing your online account.  If not, you might be seeing cached data that is out of date.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@saltymacdogg  It should take automatically, if not as support to investigate 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @saltymacdogg are you making manual payment?  If you are, this is a known issue.   Yiu can use Pre-authorized payments and then PM will charge the correct amount after the Available funds are used.   

Need Help? Let's chat.