cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment

Hungduy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I would like to cancel my subscription for my friend plan which is automatically paid every month with my credit card. However, i got trouble in logging in with his account then i got charged that month without using call or data. I would like to get refund for that. Can someone help me what should i do to get refund? 

17 REPLIES 17

Sorry @Hungduy  I forgot to cancel my Netflix subscription, I didn't watch a single minute cut Netflix won't refund

Same with PM subscription. It is a prepaid service. 

Please disable Autopay or ask agent to remove credit card before the next payment 

@Hungduy wrote:

Unfortunately that I have PM account, do you have another solution for this?

best case is to attempt to reason with your friend to remove your cc from their account. If that's not going to happen, you could warn friend that you're going to cancel your credit card and he has X days to find alternative payment method. The threat might help.

We also have to be aware that changing the credit card number is not a guarantee that the charge will stop. The guaranteed way that the charge will stop is that the customer have to cancel with the provider

Hungduy

I did it but there is no way to get my credit back? If the service wasn’t used PM still doesn’t solve the problem?

hi @Hungduy PM didn't push the service. When you sign up, it is clearly stated that it is a subscription and the credit card will be charged every 30 days.  It is customer's own responsibility to cancel the service ahead of thru don't want anymore.  This is the same with yuru TV cable, Netflix subscription, hydro in your house, etc.  And never lend your credit card to friends for situation like yours. You should know clearly it is not a one time purchase

I feel bad for you but you should have done better

This is not the proper way to go.

It is not fraud, the service was asked for. Whether they use it or not they still authorized it. It is up to the customer to cancel it if they are no longer using or need the services.  Public Mobile or any service providers do not monitor and cancel things for you. Not using it also  doesn't mean you don't want it or plan to use in the future. 

They would need get in contact with Public Mobile cancel somehow.

If the friend doesn't want to cancel, then might have to think about pressing charges. 

hi @Hungduy PM no way to know the relationship between you and your friend and adjust the service accordingly. You should be taking to your friends for money back.   And lending credit card to friends for subscription is never a good idea

Please login My Account and disable autopay or submit ticket with CS agent and ask them to remove credit card 

Hungduy

I mean I obviously that. However, PM push it to customer even they are not using your service. Did this happen before to any of your customer?

Hungduy

Like I explained above that my friend used the service and i got charged on my credit card, so if he can’t cancel automatically payment i still got charged. At least PM should have some way to address it.

@Hungduy wrote:

Do you have permission from the Public Mobile customer to go into the Public Mobile acount.  If not, you would not bel able to go into the Public Mobile account.   Do you still talk to this friend?   If you're no longer in contact with this person, you would have no chocie to contact your credit card issuer, but not neccessarily to do a chargeback, but to have you card number changed (if your firend did have permission to use the card but you wish to revoke the permission but no longer talk to that person).

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Hungduy 

if you don't have a PM account, you can contact credit card issuer to initiate charge back. (Don't do this if you have a PM account)

I disagree with this. My interpretation of this is that the charge was authorized and that the friend borrowed the credit but possibly forgot to disable autopay.  Do a charge back on a charge that actually was authorized could get someone in legal trouble. I can't be certain if that's what happened, but if it is, the friend owes the credit card user the money.

hi @Hungduy it is customer"s responsibility to cancel the service of they don't need it. Like TV cable, you can say you didnt watch but the providers cannot guess your usage and decide to cancel the service for you

Since the service is your friend and you don't need it, proper way is to login My Account and disable the autopsy yourself. 

@Hungduy wrote:

It’s seem not right for customers for not using service but charge automatically

When activating, there is a large warning that autopay is enabled by default.  It's up to the customer to then disable it.

Hungduy

It’s seem not right for customers for not using service but charge automatically

Hungduy

@Hungduy wrote:

Hi, I would like to cancel my subscription for my friend plan which is automatically paid every month with my credit card. However, i got trouble in logging in with his account then i got charged that month without using call or data. I would like to get refund for that. Can someone help me what should i do to get refund? 

Unforutnately, Public Mobile doesn't provide refunds for cases in which a customer has autopay enbled but doesn't actually use the service. Your friend will need to log into the account and disable autopay and your friend would also need to contact Public Mobile to request that the credit card be removed from the Public Mobile account.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Hungduy 

if you don't have a PM account, you can contact credit card issuer to initiate charge back. (Don't do this if you have a PM account)

Need Help? Let's chat.