cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment issue - suspended account

rosielarose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Today is payment day.  I have a valid credit card with lots of room for the payment on it.  I have it set up on autopay.  Today I realized no texts were sending, and then I couldn't place a phone call. About the same time I realize this, I get a text from Public Mobile saying I need to place a payment because my payment didn't go through.  I log in to my account, it says my account is suspended and is asking for my payment.  So I manually click to pay - and it gives me an "oops try again" message.  I reinput the credit card and try to pay again - same message.  I log into my online banking - there's no problem with the card,  but there is a pending Public Mobile payment there - for $0.  So Public Mobile tried to take a $0 payment from me, and of course isn't satisfied because the account needs $20 or so for my grandfathered talk and text plan.  Will this resolve itself automatically at some point?  Should I be borrowing my wife's credit card and paying it now?  I want my service back, and I'd like to keep all the little savings benefits attached to my account.

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@rosielarose 

Pre-authorized payment will fail.   But, all you need to do is to make a manual payment.  Login to My Account and  select Reactivate My Plan, make the payment and the service will resume 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

This will NOT resolve itself 😞

You will have to log in and manually pay. Do Not change credit card info if it worked well so far.

Try using different browser. Try Incognito/private mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try forced refresh. Use computer and not phone to log in.

Add money to your account and there should be a button to restart service.

If everything fails, contact agent for assistance.

EtienneLU
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Easy fix, if you make a ticket

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well that doesn't sound good.  I don't like the idea of payment not going through but you should try again but do as suggested for the caching problems that public has.  I find it's best to just login always with incognito mode on my browser.   Paying with a voucher is a good back up plan too and you can buy them at gas stations or 7/11.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@rosielarose try loggin in again in incognito there’s cache issues and reactivate service , or you can try *611 and you know your pin , if you get a voucher and *611 no pin is needed 

Need Help? Let's chat.