cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying what is due less rewards you know you will get

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Someone had said something, somewhere, weeks ago, about a chat bot that let's you make a one time payment ... But does it allow *custom* one time payment, below what is due? Is there a way of doing this apart from physical voucher (and even that is an untested maybe)?

Online my account makes you pay in full, doesn't matter about rewards, 611 let's you do preset amounts in chunks of 20 if I recall .... What has your experience been with chat bot ? And, where is it these days? Hovering question mark is gone for ages

15 REPLIES 15

Pawprints1986

Just wanted to update here to say that I've now tried paying with the chat bot, and yes this does let you add what's due minus rewards. I did also try the old my account way again first. It's still bugged just FYI. Still wanted the full in my case $30

Just hope they don't remove this option too 😕

Pawprints1986

@kb_mv interesting, I'll have to try this. I ended up being busier than anticipated last night, so it was actually already past midnight when I got the chance that I would have tried via chat bot, I ended up having to hope autopsy worked. It did thankfully, but lost the chance to try until next pay. I usually like having the balance ready since I know autopsy can fail and you don't know (compared to post paid where if pre auth payment doesn't work they're gonna darn well tell you about it because they're owed money, but also service not immediately cut off when it does fail)

@dust2dust wrote:

@kb_mv- Excellent! And your balance was less than your plan cost?

@dust2dust Correct

@kb_mv- Excellent! And your balance was less than your plan cost?

@Pawprints1986 @dust2dust @hTideGnow @fujiyama @HALIMACS I just did a custom payment through Simon for less than the plan amount. Problem is with the account page.,

@hTideGnow- I suppose that sentence could be interpreted that way. Sorry. No. I meant not the chatbot method. The logged in account self-serve web site. I'm wanting someone to verify if the chatbot can do a custom amount if balance is less than the plan.

@dust2dust wrote:

The full version website seems to have a bug for doing custom payments when your balance is less than your plan cost.

HI @dust2dust , do you meant they can do it on mobile version of the site without problem?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The bug shows up if you have less balance on hand than your plan cost. If you have more balance then you can add a buck if you like.

So would whoever is interested in this thread and that has less balance than their plan be willing to give the chatbot idea a go? I outlined the steps earlier. I have a balance so I'm not able to test it as a workaround of the bug.

@Pawprints1986 I just went through the payment process and see now what you are experiencing. Did you open a ticket to find out why they won't let you pay a custom amount less than the plan cost?

Pawprints1986

@kb_mv  this is what I usually always do, but with the switchover you can only pay what is due or more. Not less. I've basically got $4 in rewards in limbo at this point. It *won't let me* pay only $22 ($30 minus the existing $4 and then minus the $4 I will get). It will only let me pay $26 since my balance is $4 already

That's what I'm getting at, it needs to let you account for rewards not yet received

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The full version website seems to have a bug for doing custom payments when your balance is less than your plan cost.

The chatbot does have the option to do custom payments but I did not test it as I carry a balance.

Click down below on the chatbot simon link, say you're a customer, sign in, type in your login ids, click on Manage my account and find your way around those buttons. If it gets confused about where you are then it can be a challenge to get back to the top of this menuing system.

Please let us know if you were successful in making a custom payment with less balance on hand than the plan cost.

fujiyama

I have always been able to make custom payments in Self Serve, both the old and current version. I feel it gives the best control for payments and vouchers. Even if the chatbot can help make payments, I'm not sure what scenario would make using this method better than just logging in to pay? 🤔

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 You can add whatever amount you wish within your account. I always add what will be due after rewards are factored in. Click add funds (Redeem Voucher)...

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 8.49.41 AM.png

Select the payment method...

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 8.49.53 AM.png

Then select "Custom Amount"...

Screen Shot 2022-10-12 at 8.50.12 AM.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 

Chatbot SIMon is here.  Yes, you’re correct the on screen option was removed some months ago.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Pawprints1986 Chatbot link is at bottom of page. Scroll down.

Need Help? Let's chat.