cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Such slow 4g speeds...

TheGx
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Anyone else notice these slow 4g speeds after changing to the 15Gb plans and using past 5Gbs...?

5 REPLIES 5

@TheGx 

I notice that if I'm on LTE not LTE+(advanced) the speed doesn't go past 10mbps

TheGx

Over 7 days now...it's all of a sudden faster now at 9am...

TheGx

I switched last week on November 2nd and only the first 5Gb was fast...also from from 3am to 9am was the slowest...seems like it's either throttled at those hours or just bad service at those hours...and it says 4g in top right corner so it's not a 3g problem...

litmister
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long ago did you switch? Have you moved physical locations when you noticed slower speeds?

The full speed transition takes up to 48 hours. But even then, your top speed will of course depend on the quality of cell service at your current location. For example, I will get around 90 Mbps at work, but only around 10 Mbps at home because the signal is weaker.

PM doesn't throttle you according to data usage.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@TheGx wrote:

Anyone else notice these slow 4g speeds after changing to the 15Gb plans and using past 5Gbs...?

@TheGx I noticed the same thing when I switched, on all the data in general. I have read that it can take 2 days for the data to start flowing properly. Was it fast for the first 5GB? Make sure you have not selected 3G only in your data settings.

Need Help? Let's chat.