cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid but No Service. Why?

OrangeUser
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid my bill. My account shows I paid. When I try to make a call it says I have no service and I need to topup.

My service was set to renew on Sept 17. Today it said I had no minutes dispite me barely using my phone. I went in and purchased a voucher. I registered the voucher on *611. It confirmed the funds were added to the account. I also turned the phone on and off. That did nothing. Its been 1hour and 45minutes since I called *611 to input the voucher number. Customer service chat bot didn't answer my question. Customer service sent me here.

Why don't I have service.

45 REPLIES 45

Can you look back in the payment history on your account (not credit card) and look for each set of debits and credits. You should see something like $10 for one item and then $30 for the 4gb plan. But maybe you'll see different numbers. If you do see different numbers, when did they change?

And who knows, maybe just a simple restart of the phone might do something. Or in and out of airplane mode.

Almareyes
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi didn't change anything , that's what he told me and his plan is active .

@Almareyes- This sounds suspiciously like the recent plan change problem. How sure are you that you or he didn't change the plan for trying to fix the problem. Maybe it was an autopay failure but then one thing led to another and here you are.

What plan did it used to be on and now you've paid $45 for something.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Almareyes  ask your husband to  login My Account, is it showing Active or Suspended?

Almareyes

Every month he pay his plan with my credit card , he didn't change anything and it supposed to have his data and calls. 

But for some reason his number doesn't work , he can call me but his number appears as unknown , I can't call him and his data is not working. 

I been charge 45$ and he still don't have access to his services.

@Almareyes wrote:

My husband have the same problem , I hope they give us a solution. 

@Almareyes   can you give us  more details what the problem is?  and was there a plan change scheduled on the last renewal day?

Almareyes

No , he didn't change anything , every month we pay with my credit card and everything was fine until the last payment due 

@Almareyes- With no reference as to what you're replying about...what's going on? Did you possibly do a plan change?

Almareyes

My husband have the same problem , I hope they give us a solution. 

@OrangeUser wrote:

Thank you dust2dust Ill try that another day. Today an agent is helping me. Hooefully this will be resolved shortly.

self given solution removed

OrangeUser

Ok. Thank you. This is my first time using community. 

The Agent I spoke with resolved my issue. Thank you all for your support. 

@OrangeUser wrote:

Ok. I feel sorry for the agent. That's a lot of work for only one person. 

@OrangeUser - i think you misunderstood Timer's post, or rather it was not accurate/ not clear.

'CS_Agent' is just the member name here on the Community, but it comprises of a Team (more than one) of Pubic Mobile representatives.

OrangeUser

Thank you dust2dust Ill try that another day. Today an agent is helping me. Hooefully this will be resolved shortly.

Absolutely. No need to waste their time. You can do this all yourself. Once you have yourself set up then you'll be fine. You already know how to buy a voucher. You already know how to enter it.

Can you login in to your account? Or can you successfully login with the chatbot? When you start the chatbot it asks for your login. Enter it in. Now you can do all sorts of things in your account including buying that $5 add-on.

Do that and you're set. No support people required.

@OrangeUser 

a question for you.. can you Login Page to your account with your email id and password? what is showing to you status

your paid $25 and your plan for $15 or $25?

maybe you paid but your money amount at Available Fund, and you didn't buy it add-ons for minuters to be working back. 

@OrangeUser its still early and I am pretty sure there are @CS_Agent working.  Just keep checking the Community inbox.  Maybe give them another 30 mins and message them again for update.

@OrangeUser wrote:

@Timer @esjliv @softech 

Is there only on CSAgent available. The person who messaged me hasn't responded back in 45 minutes.

@OrangeUser You should only be dealing with CS_Agents via private messages. It may not be immediate responses, and you may get different 'CSA' agents responding to different messages if there are some back and forths.

45 minutes is not that long to wait for another message. hopefully, you will get another message or get this resolved this evening.

OrangeUser

Ok. I feel sorry for the agent. That's a lot of work for only one person. 

@OrangeUser 

ok that good you did send to them message..they will fixed for you soon.

for ticket sending sometime is a issue trust me my account for a long time with them and i have same issue when i did open a ticket i can't sending.. where the wrong i don't know and after the new system i have this issue.

there only on CS_Agent available for support,, just take your time. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

So this is a bunch of questions to try to explain the deal and lead up to what you can do. You don't need any help from support. You have it figured out. You just didn't fully understand how everything works.

Is there a reason you don't do the autopay? (Or as it's called now pre-authorized payment)

Did you always used to go to the store to have the guy do this before the end of the 30 days?

Do you know that this is a 30 day prepaid service? Perhaps you're thinking of pay as you go where your usage draws from a bucket of money to pay for those usages. That's not here.

So your account renews on the 17th. How this system works is that adding money does nothing until the renewal or you buy add-ons.

I'm wondering what exactly the clerk did for you in the store. Did he basically do an early renewal through calling Public and took your money and sent you on your way with a new 30 day plan. I'd be very interested to see your payment history here.

If you don't think you used all your 100 minutes then is it any number you call that gives you this error? Or is it one? Are you including the 1 in front of the 10 digits? Or were you trying to call a number in the US?

Did you always pay by voucher? Or did you give the clerk a credit card?

This should absolutely not take this much time ... if you understood how the place works now that there's no clerk to go to.

You've already received a bunch of suggestions and workarounds. The best one for you is to use $5 of your $25 balance and buy the $5 500 minute Canada minutes. It's great for your plan.
Then you'll still have $20 for the 17th when your plan renews.

Then you'll get a new date which in this case will be Oct 17th and you can buy another voucher before then and enter it in and you'll be set for that renewal. Then do it again. etc.

I hope that helps if not too overwhelming.

Buy the add-on. Talk. The plan will renew. Away you go and buy vouchers each month. And take note of the number you're dialing in case you need the 1.

OrangeUser

@Timer @esjliv @softech 

Is there only on CSAgent available. The person who messaged me hasn't responded back in 45 minutes.

OrangeUser

@Timer I messaged the agent. Im waiting on them to do what they need to dd and respond to me.

My account info works. My community info to send a tickey does not work

@OrangeUser 

look dear, we all in here customer like you,ok,  but the customer support agnet  it's this > by private message > CS_Agent

if you contact them and show them by photo your account i don't what is wrong you can't login whatever them will be fix it for you,, but your problems you did confused yourself... take step by step then your account be working fine.

OrangeUser

I feel frustrated 😩

OrangeUser

You all as customers are fine. It just shouldnt be this hard to just pay and get service. 

OrangeUser

Yes. The instore guy usually takes my money, calls public with his public represenative Id and its done. Public took that away and now he can only do that for Chatr. 

Here I am at home spending the last 3 hours dealing with a chatbot that only has preprogrammed answera, a ticket system thay doeant recognize my user name or password that I just created and works in community bjt not to send a ticket and a sus prep who asks personal questions on a community board. This is so inconvient. I dont like any of this. 

@OrangeUser wrote:

@softtech said @CS_Agent Ill try that. If it doeant work Im switching to chatr. This shouldnt take almost 3 hours. I had to go jome to get data to even do this. I miss my instore Public Service Representaive. 😫😭😓

The above should work @OrangeUser if you are trying to renew your plan early...is that what you are trying to do?

OrangeUser

@softtech said @CS_Agent Ill try that. If it doeant work Im switching to chatr. This shouldnt take almost 3 hours. I had to go jome to get data to even do this. I miss my instore Public Service Representaive. 😫😭😓

@OrangeUser 

take break and no posting again, and go to reading from the first post to end to you will getting how your account be back online. those member keep reply to you same info and you get confused..

OrangeUser

Didn't that person was sus asking me that stuff here. 

I miss my in store Public Mobile representative. 

This takes so long. I feel like giving up and just going with another provider that doeant have agents that post sus questions on a community board 😪😢😭

Need Help? Let's chat.