cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer my current PM phone number to another provider without closing the account

youxing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

Wondering if I can transfer my current PM phone number to another provider without closing the account and get a new number for my current PM account?

9 REPLIES 9

It's just a precaution. There have been rare reports from some people that ported that they discover that a payment was taken afterwards. So we suggest not having the card there. Another option is to change the card to a zero balance gift card and even still turn off autopay. It's all simply just in case.

As one should do in any case of leaving a subscribed service, don't leave anything behind.

Community_QA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@youxing   yup.  

but you cannot remove payment card

just disable autopay, PM cannot get money and account suspended. then will be closed 90 days after

youxing
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

why do I need to remove any payment card? will PM stop charging me automatically after my account is closed?

@makkahn28 wrote:

Hi. Unfortunately No, Though that would be a great option if it were possible 

Yep, I don't quite understand why PM does not allow this as they would still benefit by having a paying customer instead of having the customer leave altogether.  Doesn't make any business sense.

I second this as it would be amazing for a plethora of reasons, but unfortunately not an option here at PM or really any carrier.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@youxing   Unfortunately, porting your number to another provider also closes the account down too.   Before you transfer your number out, you should contact customer support to remove any payment card (if applicable) as you won't be able to remove it yourself and will lose access to the account once it's closed.

You can submit a ticket via chatbot for CC removal here:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Unfortunately No, Though that would be a great option if it were possible 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

No.

Need Help? Let's chat.