cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PUBLIC MOBILE IS HOLDING ME HOSTAGE

agaskin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I signed up October 28th and had the following problems since inception:

- Charged $320 due to PM website issues (Corrected by my Bank)

- Number porting issues (Corrected by PM)

- Unable to access self serve. This is a REPEATING PROBLEM. Have contacted mod, PM via facebook and website etc. Out of the 4 weeks of being a cusotmer; I think I had access to self serve maybe for 3 days.

- latest issue I am unable to add a US Roaming addon because self serve is down. I tried via phone with no luck. Even topped up my account; still did not work. the irony is I was told by the "PM phone representative" that they are unable to access my account and therefore cannot give me any information. They directed me to go to the community and contact a Mod (we all know how ineffective that is).

How can I get my account number?

I need this in order to port my number out of PM (should I decide to do so, as it is quickly coming to that) Without access to the self serve and no response after posting messages, sending messages, emails etc - I honestly feel like I am being held hostage.

17 REPLIES 17

agaskin
Still nothing. Awaiting a response from PM

turtlehat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What error message do you get when you try and access the Self Serve?

vroomr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Edit: missed OP, SORRY.

agaskin
I've posted this on Facebook and Twitter. Not even a response. All I want is my account number.

Definitely a "Catch 22" so best process I can think of:

- call credit card company to reverse last add-on payment and request they decline any further autopay requests

- use your account PIN established when you set up your account to port-out your number (remember no refund for unused time)

- request your account number from tech support via https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Since your service is still functioning there is also "wait it out" until a moderator can reset your account login and process your add-on credit.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Subbanator96
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Unfortunate 😞 sorry, I really don't know how to help! Hope the moderators get back to you soon.

agaskin

I was trying to add the 1G US Roaming.

Subbanator96

Ah, I get it now. That sucks. Can I ask which add-on you were trying to add? I had the problem of the unlimited talk and text not being available together by phone.

agaskin

I tried adding money and buying the add-on via phone.

Adding the money seems to have worked. But buying the add-on did not.

Thats when I was forwarded to a "live person".

Sal_L
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@hlzhang

Just because your issues were resolved smoothly it doesnt mean all of us are having the same experience. We are paying as much as any other Public Mobile customer, if we didnt have issues we would not be in this situation to begin with.

I am tired of this excuses, PM is not a charity organisation. Its still charing $40 per month. If Koodo and can provide customers plans at $48 and still provide full-service to residents in MN and SK why can't Public Mobile. Its a for-profit orgranization stop vouching for them at the expense of full paying customers.

Subbanator96

Sorry @agaskin there's not any way I know of to get your account number without logging into self-service. The only way I could think of is maybe if you checked a credit card bill from your payments? And also, can you add money to your account through the phone service? Because you would also be able to buy the add ons through the phone service I think too.

agaskin

Yes I got forwarded to a live person when I attempted to add the addon via the automoated phone service.

I am glad all of your issus were solved; congradulations. I am sure there are others who have had the same experience as you.

I have no issues with the Mods. They are simply being setup for failure by the PM executives/leadership.

I would like the option of leaving, hence by post - if someone can give me my account number so I can do so should I decide to go that route.

To be clear; this is not a "you pay for what you get" scenario. if that was the case; i would have ACCESS TO MY ACCOUNT AS THAT IS WHAT I PAYED FOR.

Thanks for coming out.

hlzhang

PM has phone representative? All my problem got solved in community. Mods here are very helpful, but not as fast as that you can have someone face to face. You get what you paid for. If you cannot stand that, it is not the service you want and switch out.

bigtone7676
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

dont hold your breath...make a complaint to crtc asap!! i did,this is sham...all the bs ,making millions fist over fist though!!!

agaskin

That is correct. Self Service DOES NOT WORK for me. It has only worked maybe 3 days out of the 4 weeks I've been a customer.

Subbanator96

Just to be clear, you can't currently access your self-serve right?

Need Help? Let's chat.