cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM user will have service on the cruise ship

echf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems some people asked but no answer. I tried it on Royal Caribbean ship last month. 

Public Mobile user will have service on the cruise ship via Cellular at sea (Carrier code: 90118)

You will be able to Receive text for free. 

Presumably all US Roaming plan will work. If you send a text message via Cellular at sea, PM will text you back ask you to purchase US text bundle. 

If you don't have cheap internet package on your cruise (like $13 per day), I guess PM US data plan is a good deal for you (Verizon charge US$25 for 100mb).

8 REPLIES 8

echf

@Luddite wrote:

More info: http://cruisetalk.org/cellular-at-sea-know-your-rates-before-you-go/

Suspect the carrier was AT&T or T-Mobile; i.e. one of PM's US partners.

Can't find who is the parent of Cellular at sea online. But I checked seems carrier code 90118 is registered to "Cingular Wireless / AWS Bermuda (Maritime Roaming)". AT&T formerly known as Cingular Wireless, so I guess PM's roaming agreement with AT&T covered cruise ship! 

echf

Deleted

More info: http://cruisetalk.org/cellular-at-sea-know-your-rates-before-you-go/

Suspect the carrier was AT&T or T-Mobile; i.e. one of PM's US partners.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

echf

@srlawren wrote:

Full disclaimer:  Unless PM publicly state you will get service on your particular cruise line or area, I would not count on it.  You may luck out as @echf did but I don't think it's ever been stated that this should be expected.  It could be a fluke, and not all cruise routes might be covered, etc.

That's True. Probably the moderator should clarify this. 

Most Canadian carrier (Bell, Rogers, Fido for sure) does have a roaming agreement with Cellular at sea. It make sense for PM to have such agreement too, especially PM just piggyback on Telus for its roaming agreement. (Disclaimer: This is just speculation)

If you send a text message via Cellular at sea, PM will text you back ask you to purchase US text bundle. 

Extra information: There are other Cellular carrier at sea with carrier code 90112. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Full disclaimer:  Unless PM publicly state you will get service on your particular cruise line or area, I would not count on it.  You may luck out as @echf did but I don't think it's ever been stated that this should be expected.  It could be a fluke, and not all cruise routes might be covered, etc.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

X-Files

Good to know,  thanks for sharing.

Good information thx
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

nishufan

Thanks for sharing.

Need Help? Let's chat.